IGNORED

Line Runner final version and a little surprise :)

nosty

Hi,

Finally my version of Line Runner for 8-bit Atari is finished :)

http://www.atarionli...at=1&ct=nowinki

Test it on real Atari please. Emulators sux this time :P

And a little surprise for Atari cartridges collectors:

http://gr8.atari.pl/...dex.php?lang=en

Original game for Android and iPhone for comparison: http://www.djinnworks.at/?p=150

line_runner_file.xex

Edited by nosty
  • Like 9

Emulators (Altira and Atari800win) works good. But if you can compare fast horisontal scroll in this game on emulator+LDC and real Atari+CRT you'll see difference clearly. On real Atari road's scrolling is smooth and squares looks sharp. On emulator on LCD you can see that the squares are blurry and a scrolling looks not smooth.

In practice: the level that seems very hard on emulator, is notably easier on real Atari.

I no longer have an atari, but I am still using a crt, so I was interested in seeing if the choppiness was due to an LCD vs CRT, so I tried your program in both emulators. In both cases, when you miss and fall to the bottom of the screen, the program seems to freeze there and you just see your man at the bottom of the screen with the falling sound effect playing over and over again.

so I tried your program in both emulators. In both cases, when you miss and fall to the bottom of the screen, the program seems to freeze there and you just see your man at the bottom of the screen with the falling sound effect playing over and over again.

Freeze? No. You should just press fire to start level from begining :)

Emulators (Altira and Atari800win) works good. But if you can compare fast horisontal scroll in this game on emulator+LDC and real Atari+CRT you'll see difference clearly. On real Atari road's scrolling is smooth and squares looks sharp. On emulator on LCD you can see that the squares are blurry and a scrolling looks not smooth.

In practice: the level that seems very hard on emulator, is notably easier on real Atari.

First, THANKS for this nice little game (it is ADDICTIVE !!!)

Aslo, I checked this game in my home-theater setup (with Sony Bravia 52" LCD + Windows7-64 PC on HDMI), and there is no such thing as "blurry" squares" or jerky-scrolling. In fact, it looks nice, sharp and true-to-live, especially with Scan-Lines effect active on ALTIRRA (I no longer run/use Atari800win)

First, THANKS for this nice little game (it is ADDICTIVE !!!)

Aslo, I checked this game in my home-theater setup (with Sony Bravia 52" LCD + Windows7-64 PC on HDMI), and there is no such thing as "blurry" squares" or jerky-scrolling. In fact, it looks nice, sharp and true-to-live, especially with Scan-Lines effect active on ALTIRRA (I no longer run/use Atari800win)

in my experience, a CRT @30hz looks better than a flat screen at the same refresh (in terms of motion blur). so if you have that Sony Bravia running at a higher refresh than most peoples computers do, then yeah, it's going to look just fine. Otherwise, normal computer LCD"s just suck

Edited by Joey Z

Your applause for my simple game makes me really happy :) Thank you!

What is the turn around time to get payment details after submiting interest at the website?

Wait a momnet please. I'm writing info about payment now.

• Like 1

Copied the xex to a MYPICODOS disk and launched it from there on the Indus GT disk drive.

Same thing happened only a few minutes into playing.

Thanks. I'm sorry. I have one 1200XL NTSC and I tested the game of course. But I never thinked that something can be wrong after a few minutes into playing... O_o

I'll try to debug it but it can be hard.