IGNORED

Atari Book - Countdown clock has started

Another promo pic while we're waiting to hear the final nod from Createspace. And yes, Book 2 is on Atari Corp., Book 3 is on Atari Games, with planning on Book 2 for around Thanksgiving 2013, and Book 3 on 2014.

post-160-0-11307800-1353534269_thumb.png

The house where Computer Space was started. This is Ted Dabney's house, where he moved daughter Terri out of her bedroom to create a workshop where he invented the game's spot motion circuitry. Inset: Ted explaining to Curt and I where everything and everyone was re-situated inside.

• Like 9

Atari Inc. - Business is Fun, the book that goes behind the company that was synonymous with the popularization of 'video games,' is now finished and for sale!

https://www.createspace.com/3928085

To everyone that funded through Kickstarter, the books will be sent to first Curt then to myself to sign, and then mailed off. Pre-orders should start being fulfilled by Amazon almost right away as well.

• Like 4

Atari Inc. - Business is Fun, the book that goes behind the company that was synonymous with the popularization of 'video games,' is now finished and for sale!

To everyone that funded through Kickstarter, the books will be sent to first Curt then to myself to sign, and then mailed off. Pre-orders should start being fulfilled by Amazon almost right away as well.

Marty, I didn't know about a Kickstarter for this. Is it possible to still 'upgrade' at this time for a signed copy? I'd pay more for it, of course.

Grats on getting the book finished! :D

Congratulations on the book's release. Can't wait to read it.

Did you say there say there was going to be a Kindle edition? If so, when do you expect it to be available

(I thought you said somewhere it would be available a day after the print version, but I'm not sure).

I want to know because If the Kindle version isn't going to be out within a few days, I'd like to get my order in by tomorrow night so that it ships Monday (I'm so eager to get my greasy fingers on this baby that I might even pony up for FedEx if I can't get the Kindle edition).

Keith Smith

http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/

For those of us who preordered, is there any way to track our packages or know when it shipped. The Amazon payments site still lists the ship date as July 27th, which is a lie. hopefully, i have the book in my hands after a few days, and we can put this whole issue to rest.

I just ordered. I used the $35.96 I had in Amazon Reward points and upgraded to a free trial membership to Amazon Prime. So I'll be getting the book on Wednesday, free shipping, and it will only cost me $4.03!

He's using cheat codes outside of the video game world! Somebody do something! He must not be allowed to show others that the 'real world' is actually a

!

I just ordered. I used the $35.96 I had in Amazon Reward points and upgraded to a free trial membership to Amazon Prime. So I'll be getting the book on Wednesday, free shipping, and it will only cost me $4.03!

Congrats on getting the book, although I must admit I will be a bit miffed if you get it before me, considering I ordered it on July 5th.

Oh well - I'll have it soon enough.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I know exactly what your saying in these regards, but its the way the physical logistics are going to work out and getting things moving, I know its kind of like the cart before the horse sort of thing and then you add to it, the kickstarter people who were THE first will end up being the last because of having to get books in, myself autographing them, packing them up, shipping them to Marty, him autographing them and then packing them into the mailers and sending them all out, due to me being in NY and him being in WI it makes things very difficult.

Curt

Congrats on getting the book, although I must admit I will be a bit miffed if you get it before me, considering I ordered it on July 5th.

Oh well - I'll have it soon enough.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I know exactly what your saying in these regards, but its the way the physical logistics are going to work out and getting things moving, I know its kind of like the cart before the horse sort of thing and then you add to it, the kickstarter people who were THE first will end up being the last because of having to get books in, myself autographing them, packing them up, shipping them to Marty, him autographing them and then packing them into the mailers and sending them all out, due to me being in NY and him being in WI it makes things very difficult.

Curt

How about giving us kickstarter backers a free kindle version of the book to make up for having to wait so long for the hard copy? :D

How about giving us kickstarter backers a free kindle version of the book to make up for having to wait so long for the hard copy? :D

Don't ask for that. You'll ruin everything. Remember this old quote?

"Sam Raimi’s rules to make a movie are pretty simple. The audience must suffer. The audience must be punished. The guilty must be punished, the innocent must suffer, and you must taste blood to be a man."

~Bruce Campbell

Replace audience with Kickstarter backer and you have the Kickstarter secret motto: "The Kickstarter backer must suffer. The Kickstarter backer must be punished."

Sam Raimi discovered a secret when he was young that all high-ups in secret societies know. That secret is partially revealed in the movie The Cabin in the Woods. :D