IGNORED

VERY CHEAP NIB AvP up on eBay (HAH!)

Gunstar

Yeah, but you could buy six of those and still have some change compared to his famicom Metal Gear auction... he probably lists stuff like this so people link to and talk about his auctions. Argh, we fell into his evil trap ;-)

If all he's looking for is people to talk about him negatively (a masochist?) then it's working, but he'll never sell anything. Just shows that greed is a form of insanity.

Well, I got some info.

I'm told someone has been buying "graded games" on eBay for high prices recently. He claims a Genesis game recently sold for $20k!

So the seller says he's keeping the price up for now, but will lower it if it doesn't get any interest.

EDIT:

Searched completed auctions and saw two Genesis games that "sold" for about $15k each.

Ecco the Dolphin: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007813573871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200781357387&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and

Streets of Rage 2: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007856296621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200785629662&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got some info.

I'm told someone has been buying "graded games" on eBay for high prices recently. He claims a Genesis game recently sold for $20k!

So the seller says he's keeping the price up for now, but will lower it if it doesn't get any interest.

EDIT:

Searched completed auctions and saw two Genesis games that "sold" for about $15k each.

Ecco the Dolphin: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007813573871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200781357387&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and

Streets of Rage 2: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007856296621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200785629662&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmm, somethings going on there. If you look at his feedback, its full of 'happy customers' who bought ordinary games in plastic cases for thousands of bucks. I guess his shill accounts. I would have thought ebay would become interested in odd practices as these...

Hmmm, somethings going on there. If you look at his feedback, its full of 'happy customers' who bought ordinary games in plastic cases for thousands of bucks. I guess his shill accounts. I would have thought ebay would become interested in odd practices as these...

What would be the point of doing that though? He'd be stuck with huge fees unless he got both accounts to agree to not follow through but then still left the positive feedback. There's only a couple of things I can come up with - some people really do have more money than sense (possible) or, as someone else mentioned, it's a money laundering exercise?! (hardly likely)

I can't see eBay being at all interested as long as they're taking their cut.

Obviously it's a mis-packaged AvP2. Just look at the item description, it's not the AvP I've played:

What do you get when you cross two intense action movies? ALIEN VS. PREDATOR, that's what. In this hybrid of the two blockbuster films, you play the role of a Predator that has descended on the planet Vega 4 in order to pursue your favorite pastime: hunting humans. But instead of people, you discover hordes of nasty Aliens that are just as determined as you are to destroy all life forms. So the hunt begins as you go up against Alien drones, warriors, chest-bursters, and face-huggers on your new quest to kill the Alien Queen. You'll have to utilize all the advanced Predator technology at your disposal as you fight your way through wave after wave of Aliens on your way to your ultimate prize.
  • Like 2

That quote is easily explained by someone who has a Jag version, and has never played the Jag version and did a google search for the description and unwittingly found one for one of the many other AvP's released that have nothing to do with the Jag version. It's clear from the pictures that it is a box (at least) of the Jag version in the plastic case.

Edited by Gunstar

What would be the point of doing that though? He'd be stuck with huge fees unless he got both accounts to agree to not follow through but then still left the positive feedback. There's only a couple of things I can come up with - some people really do have more money than sense (possible) or, as someone else mentioned, it's a money laundering exercise?! (hardly likely)

I can't see eBay being at all interested as long as they're taking their cut.

There's no way any of those sales are actually going ahead. One of them was $50,000. Surely if it was genuine, some of them would have gone for offers of some other amount, say $43,500 or whatever. Maybe he lists them when it's free. I have no idea why he would do what he was doing. But he had a whole bunch of buy it nows, which 'people' are 'buying now'. I can guarantee no money is changing hands, I just can't say what the point is. It's a bit public for money laundering- that's what Las Vegas is for!

Made my second offer for $49.99 with the following message:

You are absolutely insane if you think anyone will pay more than $60 for this game. Is this some kind of joke?
A money laundering scam perhaps? Or a cry for attention?

• Like 1