IGNORED

Atari Ethernet Cartridge -Accepting Orders

puppetmark

Anyone know how to change the IP settings for the telnet-contiki_21.atr?

Run the DHCP program. that will set it up for you...

Jay

It boots up to a menu that I don't know how to exit. Then once in the telnet app I don't know how to exit to launch the DHCP app.

Major bummer - nothing works under SDX 4.45 :(

That is true, but all is not lost. The few things that have been written for the Cart, map the cart at address D500, and that conflict with SpartaDOS X. HOWEVER, we designed the ability to change the address. The cartridge has a set of DIP switches that controls the location. The way the circuit works is with a comparator chip that makes sure the selected address from the dip switches matches the high nibble (A4 to A7) and then sends a logic high to the A1 input of 74LS138, which sends high outputs 02 and 03. Reads/writes to unselected ranges would strobe O0 and O1 on the 138, which is now unconnected, and accesses to the user specified range would strobe O2/O3. (see the schematic on the website)

So, we are setting the high nibble of the D5x0 base address with four switches, so that will give us 16 possible combinations for x. D500, D510, D520, D530, D540, D550.....up to D5F0. In other words, we are moving up in 16 byte increments.

This should allow software to be developed that could co-exist with things like the MIO and SpartaDOS X. The project has a long way to go, and a lot of potential, and that is why we took a loss on selling the carts, we knew we wanted to get them in the hands of the community and see what can be done.

Awesome - thanks. I thought it may have had to do with a $D500 conflict. Please don't take that as a criticism! The cart is fantastic, and it only took me 5 minutes to have it up and running. I cannot believe that I surfed the internet in 2012, on the same machine I was dialing into 300 baud BBSes with back in 87.

Anyone know how to change the IP settings for the telnet-contiki_21.atr?

Run the DHCP program. that will set it up for you...

Jay

It boots up to a menu that I don't know how to exit. Then once in the telnet app I don't know how to exit to launch the DHCP app.

You will need to boot from another disk. For some reason, I cannot get the telnet program to load from any other DOS. That disk has Sparta 2.3, and a menu loader set to autorun. Boot from another disk with Sparta DOS on it, and then switch disks. Run the DHCP program, let it save. Then reboot with the tenlet21.atr. I tried copying the XEX to a DOS 2.5 disk. It loads one sector and the machine hangs. I tried replacing Sparta 2.3 with 3.2 and the menu loader won't load. I cannot manually load it from the Sparta Command processor. The reason I did not want to use Sparta 2.3 is it is not compatible with my hi-speed OS. So, the only way I can currently run the telnet app is to 1st switch OSes.

Awesome - thanks. I thought it may have had to do with a $D500 conflict. Please don't take that as a criticism! The cart is fantastic, and it only took me 5 minutes to have it up and running. I cannot believe that I surfed the internet in 2012, on the same machine I was dialing into 300 baud BBSes with back in 87.

No worries at all. It's amazing thing to see, when that first web data displayed for me, I was speechless.

Anyway, I kinda figured the$ D500 problem would come up. Actually, the address change circuit was a stroke of genius from Steve Tucker. I was afraid it would require a bunch more logic but he came up with this simple solution, which was great! Only added the switches and one more logic chip.

And one more thing, the telnet App is really touchy. It needs a lot of polishing. I have to back and look at my notes to see what commands there are. Chis Martin (Cybernoid) did the coding of that almost two years ago.

Edited by puppetmark

Thanks everyone, for making me feel like an idiot for not getting one of these :P

Anytime! we are here to serve!!! ;)

If it makes you feel better, I cant get mine to work right... with the telnet disk it will resolve the url, but then gives some garbage, and nothing else... when i use the disks from the contiki website, it wont get a IP... and if i hand code them, it still wont resolve DNS...

sloopy.

Thanks everyone, for making me feel like an idiot for not getting one of these :P

If it makes you feel better, I cant get mine to work right... with the telnet disk it will resolve the url, but then gives some garbage, and nothing else... when i use the disks from the contiki website, it wont get a IP... and if i hand code them, it still wont resolve DNS...

sloopy.

Are you sure your cart is fitted TIGHT ENOUGH in your Atari 130XE slot :D (sorry I really had to type this, after your tv-show yesterday)

sloopy.

Are you sure your cart is fitted TIGHT ENOUGH in your Atari 130XE slot :D (sorry I really had to type this, after your tv-show yesterday)

Yup, its a 'tight slot' indeed!

:D

sloopy.

Surely there's enough interest for more. Like Jay Leno says about Doritos (@ 00:25).....

"Crunch all you want. We'll make more!"

There is certainly enough interest to have a second batch made. I really don't like telling people that I don't have any for them. I will do my best to get some more made. I am looking into redesigning the board so that it uses all SMD devices, so I can have a single board cart that can be manufactured by machine. I am still in the early stages of that, and so far it seems feasible.

I also added everyone that requested a cart in this thread to the waiting list.

Surely there's enough interest for more. Like Jay Leno says about Doritos (@ 00:25).....

"Crunch all you want. We'll make more!"

There is certainly enough interest to have a second batch made. I really don't like telling people that I don't have any for them. I will do my best to get some more made. I am looking into redesigning the board so that it uses all SMD devices, so I can have a single board cart that can be manufactured by machine. I am still in the early stages of that, and so far it seems feasible.

I also added everyone that requested a cart in this thread to the waiting list.

I do appreciate you doing a second batch. The window of opportunity on the first batch open and closed really fast. That speaks volumes to everyone here to support developers and the interest to keep our aging Atari's useful.

Mike

Mike

Perhaps it would be nice to have a version for XL machines, with RJ45 port positioned at 90 degrees (but it would not be compatible with XE machines).

Design suggestion for second edition: mount the Dragon board on the underside of the cartridge PCB (but still right side up), with the Ethernet connector then sticking up through a square cut-out in the edge of the PCB above it. This would stop the connector having to poke out through the top of the cartridge casing... thus it would fit a 1200XL.

It's still lovely as it is, though. :)

Hello guys

How hard would it be to put everything on one, professionally made, PCB?

BTW if you place the ethernet connector on one side (according to Mr. Murphy that would most likely the wrong side, whatever side you choose :-D ), you don't need an XL and an XE version.

Mathy (who might be interested)