IGNORED

EOTB Floppy Disc

Michael David Morsette

I posted this on my "Collections" thread but after thinking about it I decided it would be better to put it in its' own thread. Sorry about the double post :)

I bought EOTB from a former Atari employee a little while back and he sent a floppy disc with it labeled "Doc". I just got a floppy drive and finally got to see what was on it. On the disc is maps, cheats, instructions, and some things that I don't know. So here it is, if this is something new for you guys then I hope you enjoy it, if you can tell me anything about it, please do :) EOTB Docs

• Like 1

I wasn't sure what you were talking about :) but after a little help from google I think your talking about the .st image that Atari used (along with .msa) to format all their disks; no this disk did not have an image on it. So I guess that means that this info was probibly extracted from an image and copied to the disk. Well it is still some pretty cool info :) Did all the EOTB releases come with this info? Where did you get yours from Chris?

On I side note I just found out that "disc" refers to optical storage while "disk" refers to magnetic storage. Since this was definately not optical storage, I used the wrong word. Guess I kind of gave away what generation I belong to :)

Wow, what a cool thing that seller sent to you! He really turned out to be a wealth of information. I have a beta version of Eric's EOTB release, but I didn't get very far in it because I kinda suck at these sorts of games. But I'm going to download these maps and cheats, and give it a go after the semester ends.

BTW, Chris was actually asking you if the disk was a 3.5" floppy for the Atari ST computer line. He just assumes you are an Atari nerd like the rest of us. ;) It came on a 3.5" IBM PC disk, right?

Very cool the seller sent that to you, and even cooler that you're sharing it with us! Thank you, Mr. Bland!

Cheers,

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead

Wow, what a cool thing that seller sent to you! He really turned out to be a wealth of information. I have a beta version of Eric's EOTB release, but I didn't get very far in it because I kinda suck at these sorts of games. But I'm going to download these maps and cheats, and give it a go after the semester ends.

BTW, Chris was actually asking you if the disk was a 3.5" floppy for the Atari ST computer line. He just assumes you are an Atari nerd like the rest of us. ;) It came on a 3.5" IBM PC disk, right?

Very cool the seller sent that to you, and even cooler that you're sharing it with us! Thank you, Mr. Bland!

Cheers,

Smeg

Mine came with a 3.5 IBM PC disk and a CD too. ;)

Oh *embarrassed* yes it was a 3.5 IBM PC disk. Chris, was the same info on the disc as the disk :)

Yes,same content on the CD as the 3.5,just different format. lol

I couldn't get my 3.5 to work on my notebook for some reason! (?) The 3.5 was done in Apple format. :rolling: Good enough reason when running Windows ME on the thing! LOL

A couple days later I got the CD in the mail in PC format and it loaded in fine to read. :)

Edited by chris_lynx1989