IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

Now see, I was thinking Miner 2049er II from the beginning because of clue #1, and clue #2 seems to reinforce that (XXX on the liquor bottle = 30), but I haven't figured out how clue #3 or #4 work.

(Or it could just be Miner 2049er since you can't quite see all the X's on the cover of II, but I think it's probably M2II.)

You got it! Miner 2049er Vol. II

1. Looks more like Blob to me. "Bounty Bob" - looks more like Bounty Blob. The revised clue capitalized the "B" to hint at it being a name.

2. Also, the number 30. Or Barbara's character. Or Vin. 30 is also written as XXX, Barbara Bach played agent XXX in The Spy Who Loved Me, Vin Diesel was in the movie XXX. The XXX is seen on the liquor jug on the label.

3. Foiled. Again. Tigervision boxes all have foil-stamped titles. Miner 2049er Vol. II would have been foiled... again.

4. Percy apparently really liked small oranges. A Google search for small oranges will turn up Clementine. A Google search for Clementine will turn up the song "Oh My Darling Clementine", written by Percy Montrose - the song played at the beginning of the game.

5. One of these is about music. Two of these are about the box. Clue #4, and clues #2 and 3, respectively.

Bonus "clues":

6. But you may have to dig through a few of the answers. "Dig" being a reference to a playing a miner.

7. Hmmm... maybe I've made the clues two hard? "Two" referring to Vol. II.

Now see, I was thinking Miner 2049er II from the beginning because of clue #1, and clue #2 seems to reinforce that (XXX on the liquor bottle = 30), but I haven't figured out how clue #3 or #4 work.

(Or it could just be Miner 2049er since you can't quite see all the X's on the cover of II, but I think it's probably M2II.)

1. Looks more like Blob to me. "Bounty Bob" - looks more like Bounty Blob. The revised clue capitalized the "B" to hint at it being a name.

2. Also, the number 30. Or Barbara's character. Or Vin. 30 is also written as XXX, Barbara Bach played agent XXX in The Spy Who Loved Me, Vin Diesel was in the movie XXX. The XXX is seen on the liquor jug on the label.

3. Foiled. Again. Tigervision boxes all have foil-stamped titles. Miner 2049er Vol. II would have been foiled... again.

4. Percy apparently really liked small oranges. A Google search for small oranges will turn up Clementine. A Google search for Clementine will turn up the song "Oh My Darling Clementine", written by Percy Montrose - the song played at the beginning of the game.

5. One of these is about music. Two of these are about the box. Clue #4, and clues #2 and 3, respectively.

Bonus "clues":

6. But you may have to dig through a few of the answers. "Dig" being a reference to a playing a miner.

Bonus "clues":

I like your style, Nathan. :D If I'd fired up the game, I'd like to think I could've gotten clue #4. And I thought that might be the meaning of clue #3, but it's hard to tell from the box scans.

And once again, a recap to date:

01. Pitfall! - (bomberpunk)

02. Warlords - (Lentzquest)

03. Jawbreaker - (roadrunner)

04. Pengo - (bomberpunk)

05. Beany Bopper - (CRTGAMER)

06. Warlords - (Lentzquest)

07. Stellar Track - (AtariLeaf)

08. Red Sea Crossing - (bomberpunk)

09. Atlantis II - (Gateway)

10. Fire Fly - (Mxyzptlk)

11. Wizard of Wor - (Syntaxerror999)

12. Popeye - (roadrunner)

13. Gorf - (Mxyzptlk)

14. Mario Bros. - (bomberpunk)

15. Riddle Of The Sphinx - (Mxyzptlk)

16. Combat - (Chuck D. Head)

17. Lost Luggage - (moycon)

18. Sentinel - (thegoldenband)

19. Forest - (Chuck D. Head)

20. Atari Video Cube - (moycon)

21. Surround - (Cortat G)

21a. Hangman - (Cortat G) (out of order)

22. Video Jogger - (moycon)

23. Porky's - (Mxyzptlk)

24. Omega Race - (Schizophretard)

25. Gremlins - (Chuck D. Head)

26. Dishaster - (thegoldenband)

27. Boxing - (Schizophretard)

28. Nightmare - (thegoldenband)

29. Cosmic Swarm - (Schizophretard)

30. Breakout - (Cortat G)

31. 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe - (Schizophretard)

32. Beamrider - (moycon)

33. Mega Force - (Waggie)

34. Defender - (thegoldenband)

35. Bugs - (Chuck D. Head)

36. Fathom - (Waggie)

37. Double Dragon - (Gateway)

38. Star Fire - (thegoldenband)

39. Entombed - (Nathan Strum)

40. Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes - (Chuck D. Head)

41. M*A*S*H - (Pioneer 4x4)

42. Escape from the Mindmaster - (thegoldenband)

43. Star Voyager - (frankodragon)

44. Sprint Master - (Schizophretard) (gave turn to bomberpunk)

45. Phantom II/Pirate - (thegoldenband)

46. Beat 'em and Eat 'em - (Mxyzptlk)

47. Adventure - (Schizophretard) (gave turn to Pioneer4x4)

48. Coconuts - (Nathan Strum)

49. Marauder - (Schizophretard)

50. Moon Patrol - (chainsawj)

51. Xenophobe - (Waggie)

52. Tax Avoiders - (Nathan Strum)

53. Miner 2049er II - (thegoldenband)

• Like 2

Five clues this time!

1. Weight: if it's heavy, we're very happy.

2. Height: to see what you're seeing, it's gotta be a couple miles at least, but not as much as it would be around here.

3. Skin color: looks brownish in your picture, but my records say white (more or less). And now it's turned salmon...no, now it's blue. (Lack of oxygen, maybe?)

4. Marks/Scars/Tattoos: yes, very fancy...but jeez, couldn't you just have written your name in your underwear or something?

5. Last known address: well, I can point to it from here, will that do?

I will guess Tron: Deadly Disks

1. It came with a Tron joystick if you bought both Tron titles, making the package heavier than just one game.

2. In the computer world they are very small so everything would be huge or far away to them.

3. Your guy changes colors 5 times if he is hit by an enemy disc before he "de-rezzes". In the Tron movie, the special FX made the actors look white, while their human counterparts were "salmon" or caucasian.

4. Tron lines look cool in blue.

5. You are pointing to the computer in front of you.

None of the above!

Let's see: clues #2-3 refer to the gameplay, and #5 sort of does too. #2-5 are all relevant to the box. #1 is kind of a wild card that doesn't directly relate to the gameplay or box art, though it definitely relates to this game; maybe a better way of putting it will be...

1. Weight: if it's heavy, we're very happy. Or if it's 0.035 oz., that's good too. (Just ask the blonde who brought sunshine to the night.)

None of the above!

Let's see: clues #2-3 refer to the gameplay, and #5 sort of does too. #2-5 are all relevant to the box. #1 is kind of a wild card that doesn't directly relate to the gameplay or box art, though it definitely relates to this game; maybe a better way of putting it will be...

1. Weight: if it's heavy, we're very happy. Or if it's 0.035 oz., that's good too. (Just ask the blonde who brought sunshine to the night.)

.035oz is a gram I think, but that doesn't help me.

None of the above!

.035oz is a gram I think, but that doesn't help me.

A gram would help me right now.

• Like 1

Fantastic Voyage

The player moves through the bloodstream. Blood in the body is blue without oxygen, looks reddish-brown outside the body, "white" blood cells. You have to weigh 110 pounds or heavier to donate blood.

In the movie, the characters shrink really small so it would feel like "a couple of miles" to travel through the human body.

Also, the manual includes a page to write your name and high scores (instead of in your underwear).

Finally, The guy must be on drugs (snorting grams) to allow miniature people to poke around inside his body!

The other "inside the human body" game is N.E.R.Ds, but AA has no records left of that game. Probably for the best.

Star Ship? Specifically, the Lunar Lander variations:

1. Weight: if it's heavy, we're very happy. There's no gravity in the game. Since there should be, we're unhappy?

2. Height: to see what you're seeing, it's gotta be a couple miles at least, but not as much as it would be around here. We're in space. So you can see for miles.

3. Skin color: looks brownish in your picture, but my records say white (more or less). And now it's turned salmon...no, now it's blue. (Lack of oxygen, maybe?) The moon looks brownish on the box, the actual moon is more or less white. In some of the variations the Lunar Lander is pink and the moon is blue. No oxygen in space.

4. Marks/Scars/Tattoos: yes, very fancy...but jeez, couldn't you just have written your name in your underwear or something? Neil Armstrong's signature boot print left on the moon?

5. Last known address: well, I can point to it from here, will that do? Well, you can see the moon from here.

6. Current whereabouts: If someone wants to track you down, they just have to stay positive. (If they don't do that, well...it's just hit or miss, really. And being negative isn't an option.) You can't fly upside down and land on the bottom side of the moon.

I was trying to make the clues fit Gravitar, but couldn't. Also, I think the .035 oz clue refers to a single (mono) gram - monogram. But can't figure out how that applies.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 1

Spacechase?

I was going to guess this last night, because I was thinking clues 2 and 4 applied to the box artwork (with the game's name sprawled across the moon). But I couldn't make the rest of the clues fit, until I remembered there's an utlra-rare monogrammed version that would be slightly heavier (due to it using a different EPROM) that's super-valuable (making whoever finds one very happy). Still not sure how clue 6 fits. :ponder:

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 1

You've got it! Clue #6 refers to the enemies' weaponry in the game -- as defined in the manual, the proton shots are heat-seeking, the neutron ones aren't (and there are no electron shots).

#2 was a reference to being high enough to see the curvature of the sphere (prominently featured in Spacechase during gameplay), which you can do at a much lower altitude on the Moon since it's smaller. And when you turn the game on, the surface of the Moon is salmon, and then (if you let it sit) turns blue, hence the second part of clue #3.

Oh, and "the blonde who brought sunshine to the night" is Leeza Gibbons, who featured Apollo on her show P.M. Magazine and got a monogrammed Spacechase out of it. :)

I wish I could say the whole thing was an intentional Neil Armstrong allusion/tribute, but it's just coincidence!