IGNORED

Gravitar silver label for sale

I found this Gravitar silver label in the wild today. Since I don't really collect rare games, I figured I'd put it here for offer before eBay. I don't really know what it's worth, but there is one in worse condition than mine on ebay for $59.99 BIN.

The only issue with it is that the square hole near the screw is dented in. Other than that, the cartridge is in good condition and works great. I'd be happy to take additional pictures. If you'd like to make an offer, please PM me or send an email to wickeycolumbus[at]yahoo.com (replace [at] with @ ). Thanks for looking :)

post-12776-0-71910800-1343961906_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-54616000-1343961963_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-27894100-1343962006_thumb.jpg

The last two I sold in 2010 and 2011 respectively sold for $30 and $35 each. They have it listed as an average of $35.37 on Atari2600.com but have one for sale at $37.95 (no dent) I looked but couldn't find one on eBay for the BIN price you spoke of, but unless it's sold that's kinda just what someone hopes to get. Good luck with the sale. It's a good find, but not worth more than $30 I'd think.

It's all about the box on this one.

Sometimes people go ga-ga and bid it way up, other times it goes for something more realistic. The $30 that AX says seems about right. Personally I've sold these in the past for $15 to AA members, but I'm nice that way.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2809300418941?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280930041894&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I figured that might be wishful thinking. I suppose most people are just happy with the red label version? Maybe I will just keep it, it does have some of the coolest label art I've seen on a 2600 cart :)

OMG on that listing :lol: They didn't put 2600 anywhere in it. Who lists a 2600 game and doesn't put 2600 in their listing? No wonder I couldn't find it.

It's all about the box on this one.

Sometimes people go ga-ga and bid it way up, other times it goes for something more realistic. The $30 that AX says seems about right. Personally I've sold these in the past for $15 to AA members, but I'm nice that way.

If you get another let me know.

And this one will not go for $60, the box has some weird red spotting. But good luck.

You guys are hijacking a sale. He didn't ask for an appraisal. He asked for offers. I know it's hard to find offensive when it comes from and goes to high post count peeps, but I'm just sayin'. If I post something here FS, I hope a bunch of dudes don't post the latest eBay prices and tell me how my item isn't worth much.

• Like 2

You guys are hijacking a sale. He didn't ask for an appraisal. He asked for offers. I know it's hard to find offensive when it comes from and goes to high post count peeps, but I'm just sayin'. If I post something here FS, I hope a bunch of dudes don't post the latest eBay prices and tell me how my item isn't worth much.

Why? I don't understand why this is so bad. I got into a thing with someone else in another thread about the same topic.

Everyone wants the best stuff for the best deal.

Edited by AtariorDie

It's not SO bad. I'm just commenting.

But if you want people to post their sale items, and you want to post yours without being hassled about the price, it might make sense to restrain the price commentary to people asking for values and for totally absurd valuations. Mentioning a $60 eBay price isn't the same as a noob showing up asking $200 for a dusty vader.

I could run through Ax's posts and give current eBay deals that beat his prices, but I would never do that. That would be price hijacking. Of course, his prices are very reasonable and I wouldn't want to do anything to discourage him from selling here. Or anyone else for that matter.

This is hardly worth the effort. If you want to hold your ground that any price discussion is fair game, go ahead. It's a fine line between being helpful with prices and price hijacking.

I found this Gravitar silver label in the wild today. Since I don't really collect rare games, I figured I'd put it here for offer before eBay. I don't really know what it's worth, but there is one in worse condition than mine on ebay for $59.99 BIN.

post-12776-0-71910800-1343961906_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-54616000-1343961963_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-27894100-1343962006_thumb.jpg

Wickey said those magical words "I don't know what it's worth" (as highlighted above) that were a segue to an appraisal. I gave honest matter of fact information intended to help him. I wasn't trolling, seeking out his sale (or any others for that matter) for the purpose of "hijacking" anything. He brought it up and the value issue in another thread before he posted it for sale. I frequent that other thread and I came over here ONLY because of that. I'm not biased. I don't want to buy it. I don't have one to sell. It makes no difference. Don't assume my intentions. I'm fed up with AAers doing that. Sometimes people REALLY didn't mean to offend. @Wickey: If I offended you in any way, I am humbly sorry. All I ever did was offer facts and advise to help you make a deal. For my part I consider you a friend. If we are cool please let everyone know it and let's all drop it. Sorry I chimed in, I thought you really needed the advise. If I've offended you in any way PM me and I'll continue to apologize there.

The rest of y'all have a nice day, a coke, and a smile. (and perhaps some anesthetics if you have access)

I don't know if its the economy.....or just the current state of collecting with all these get rich quick schemes out there......or the lack of ability to convey meaning on IM boards......but I have noticed much more agitation on the boards recently as well. I agree with Ax that I don't think anything was done to be negative and I honestly don't feel that Wickey is offended......no matter....

I just hope we don't start to see here on AA what is occurring on NA (Nintendo Age) on a regular basis.......I saw a thread where one of the main moderator's basically told another member to "suck his nuts"..........that's unacceptable and it really turned me (and a few others) off from that community a bit.......this hobby (and that's what it is) is built around our shared interests........not profit.....and its a shame to see firstly new members come in and act cocky and secondly for more experienced members to act like they are above the boards and the hobby......not that I see this on AA just sayin.....hopefully it doesn't come here....I love this board and the people who I don;t really "know" but have helped my hobby grow and I hope they can say the same about me.....

It was just a comment............I am here to spend my play cash....not listen to tacky bickering.....

Sorry for adding to the crapping of this thread.....I hope you do well with the sale Wickey.....I feel like just buying this to help you out...forget the price....its not even a thought

Edited by FikapPacMan

I really wasn't trying to start some kind of war or attack anyone in the thread. I made some quick little comments not meant to draw much attention and then explained them. No war or sucknuts here. I don't even think any initial comment offended anyone. I just commented when the price got to $15 and I called hijack, that was just too low IMHO. Perhaps I should have been more specific. As much as you guys were putting out your opinion of price, I was, in my way, doing the same. $15 for Silver Gravitar = price hijack. I didn't want to single any post out, but that was what stirred me to say, don't kill this guy's potential sale, he's got something good!

And I didn't think Ax did anything wrong or that he offended anyone. I only mentioned him as an example of an innocent seller. Weird!