IGNORED

Altirra 2.10 released

Gury

• 2 weeks later...

The only SIC cart image I have is the 32 - 1 by Ivop, maybe his image isn't a correct one..

One for Phaeron as I have so little to test on.

EDIT: Found some atr images to flash the cart, flashed it under Altirra, the Menu screen loads but the games all have issues.

They either crash or have graphic problems.

EDIT 2: if you flash the cart on Altirra and once done simply hard reset altirra the cart runs and some of the games appear to try and work, BC's quest had corruption but got to a normal looking screen Bruce Lee however had garbage on the screen but what is interesting is that if I flash the cart under Altirra and then save the firmware the actual saved cart works less than the newly flashed cart from the ATR that has just been reset.

Ie it seems that what is saved out differs from the freshly flashed cart that has just been reset.

Either way its not working correctly and does not get recognised as a SIC cart on the mapper.

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 2 weeks later...

It's because Atari did something unspeakably lame in their splash screen. This BASIC line is the problem:

Altirra> .basic_dumpline 20f4
4 POKE 53774,16: POSITION 9,13: ? "{A0}{D3}{C3}{C8}{CC}{CF}{D3}{D3}{A0}{C4}{C5}{D3}{A0}{C7}{D2}{C1}{D5}{C5}{CE}{D3}{A0}{A0}": POKE 752,0: POKE 580,1 {end $215A}

What's 53774? It's IRQEN. They did a direct POKE from BASIC into the IRQ enable register to lock out keys, and then rely on the next read from the disk to restore the IRQ mask from POKMSK. The reason for the hang is that Atari800's SIO patch handler doesn't emulate all of the things that SIO normally does, which in this case is enabling and disabling IRQs using POKMSK as the shadow register. The result is that you get into the game with the keyboard IRQ locked out. Altirra does update IRQEN from POKMSK, which is why it works... although it looks like the POKMSK handling could be improved.

For another example of this bug, start the title version of Galahad and the Holy Grail in Atari800WinPLus 4 with SIO patch enabled -- you'll get into the game with a tone stuck on. This is because the SIO patch isn't clearing the POKEY channels like real SIO does.

(On a side note... anyone willing to fix the window focus problems in the Atari800 debugger on Windows?? It's almost unusable when the debugger loses focus after every step....)

• Like 2

if i reinstall windows, settings in altirra is gone

You could just export the settings in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\virtualdub.org\Altirra" from the registry. Just as good as copying an .ini file.

post-17404-0-92883900-1354041285_thumb.png

Thank you very much for the explanation - very insightful.

Wouldn't it make sense to put something similar into the Acid800 test?

No, because this is an OS level problem and not a hardware-level problem. Acid800 is already quite big as it is. I have thought about making an OS test suite at some point.

yes, but sometimes i dont have time or i forgot save registy.. config.ini will be helpful

INI files have many shortcomings, which is why Altirra defaults to the Registry. However, you can create Altirra.ini and that will be used for settings instead.

• Like 1

@Phareon

I just came up with what seems to be an issue with Altirra tonight.

This is the config:

D1: Atari DOS 2.5 with Hias's HiSpeed Patch.

D2: A scratch disk in enhanced density

Disk speed is set at 288RPM, 128kbps high speed

No cartridges and the computer is set as 320K Rambo XL/XE

Disk drive is enabled with Burst option checked.

The system boots as expected and the DOS menu is displayed but when I do a disk copy from D1: to D2 reads from D1: are much faster then writes to D2: which seems to occur at normal SIO speeds. I ran RWTEST to verify it and the results are attached.

The same config on the real hw with a 130XE connected to the laptop with AspeQt does not behave like this. Both reads and writes are in high speed. Do you have an idea why this may be happening with Altirra (version 2.2-test6)

I tried this more than once restarting Altirra in between, the results were the same. And oh, the H: drive was also present with Enable Burst I/O checked.

post-15627-0-32575900-1354769772_thumb.png

Edited by atari8warez