IGNORED

Converting 128K ROM to 256K

GadgetUK

Hi,

Spent 20 minutes last night throwing an exe together to convert 128K ROM images to 256K to allow me to put Gauntlet & Centipede protos on EPROM.

Posting link here incase anyone else finds it usefull. Ive not tested the BLL format yet but the Epyx works on pasui cart with both aforementioned games.

Http://www.c5software.co.uk/downloads/ImageConvert.zip

Thanks, hopefully someone else might find it useful. Its not 'intelligent' regards filesizes and type just yet, so make sure you have a valid 128K ROM (lnx or lyx) to start with. Theres an option to remove the 64 byte header on lnx files also. I will put more features and checks (size and CRC) later

Thanks for this. Would you consider releasing the sources? That wat we can learn, contribute and discuss.

Thanks.

Yes, will upload later. Its written in Delphi but easy to rewrite in C++, C# or other. I tend to do RAD stuff in Delphi as its where I have most experience, although C# would have been just as quick. I am generally not a fan of all these JIT compiler / languages... I use Java daily and it sucks, C# is better but you cant beat proper Win32 executables :P

Its a very simple process to convert these - I just followed posts from Sage and Karri.

Epyx, you double each 512 byte block (I think, cant remember now if its 256 byte block). For BLL you write the whole image twice.

I just wanted a quick way to do this.