IGNORED

2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo! Who will be there?

I've just made the commitment to attend this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, taking place September 29th and 30th. Lots of great plans for the show, with several new Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 games available (details of which will be announced soon!) I look forward to getting up to Portland again--great town and similar to Austin in many ways.

Just curious how many other AtariAge members will be attending?

..Al

I guess I should show up. :P

VERY Happy to have you at our show again Albert!!

Thanks!

Rick

Thanks! It'll be a ton of fun, although it means I will be busting my ass for the next month getting ready for the show! Really look forward to seeing many AtariAge members in Portland!

..Al

Excellent news! It looks like I've convinced my wife to go, she came home with Portland hotel and shopping recommendations from a friend at work. :) Great to hear there will be some new Atari games to buy! There's a certain Intellivision item that has caught my interest as well. :)

Hey Albert, do you have a link of what the shirts look like? Also, could you do some XL in red if you have'nt already? Thanks.

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=964

I'm going to order more blue shirts, but I may also get some in "maroon":

http://www.amazon.com/Hanes-Preshrunk-Cotton-6-1oz-Beefy-T/dp/B004COGC84/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1346513529&sr=1-1&keywords=hanes+beefy+maroon

I'll be ordering more XL shirts than other sizes, since they seem to be the most popular.

..Al

Hey Albert, do you have a link of what the shirts look like? Also, could you do some XL in red if you have'nt already? Thanks.

http://www.atariage....ct_detail&p=964

I'm going to order more blue shirts, but I may also get some in "maroon":

http://www.amazon.co...es beefy maroon

I'll be ordering more XL shirts than other sizes, since they seem to be the most popular.

..Al

Would you ever consider redoing some of the older shirts? I really like the blue and orange on the white shirts.

Allan

Hey Al...I am going too (with my son and cousin). Can you please make a 4XLT shirt for me (you know I am a big guy).....my son is a large. See u at the show....looking forward to the new releases!!! :)

- Wonder007

Hey Al...I am going too (with my son and cousin). Can you please make a 4XLT shirt for me (you know I am a big guy).....my son is a large. See u at the show....looking forward to the new releases!!! :)

- Wonder007

Sure! Will be great to see you at the show! :)

Take care,

..Al

- Wonder007

Sure! Will be great to see you at the show! :)

Take care,

..Al

Likewise Al.....it's been a while.... :)

- Wonder007

I'm hoping to show "Planetary Defense 2012", an updated version of the old Atari 800 type-in assembly-language game Charles Bachand and I wrote for ANALOG Computing Magazine. I added bonus planet "terraforming" every 8000 points (so that if you survive long enough, your planet will repair some of the damage) and when run on the upcoming release of the "Colleen" Atari 800 emulator for the Android platform, it can be played using the Android touchscreen and will submit your scores to an Internet leaderboard! The same executable runs on a stock 400/800, just no touchscreen or leaderboard submission. What a fun job it was to upgrade! I hadn't touched 6502 assembly language in about 27 years... it all came back to me (shudder!)

Also doing some cool new software running on Atari "Tempest" hardware with Clay Cowgill of Ground Kontrol. More 6502 assembly on hardware I would have killed to work on back in the day. Hopefully will have something to show.

• Like 1