IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.7- Galaxian

Vocelli

I have been lurking this thread with interest. You guys are simply fantastic. I decided to participate. Yeah, I know some will have problems with me participating, but this is really the only Atari 2600 Galaxian competition I am ever going to get. I did decide to lay low for awhile because I knew if I entered early that I might scare away the competition. Having said that, I have to say it's pretty epic to see two different people besides myself already over the 100k mark. OK, here is my score for probably the week.

Edit: I would like the name Galaxian from Galaxian! :-D

post-3979-0-54704400-1351917522_thumb.jpg

Edited by homerwannabee
  • Like 4

I have been lurking this thread with interest. You guys are simply fantastic. I decided to participate. Yeah, I know some will have problems with me participating, but this is really the only Atari 2600 Galaxian competition I am ever going to get. I did decide to lay low for awhile because I knew if I entered early that I might scare away the competition. Having said that, I have to say it's pretty epic to see two different people besides myself already over the 100k mark. OK, here is my score for probably the week.

WOW impressive score

Edited by NIKON

Congrats :thumbsup:

It seems you beated your preveous record!

I noticed you lurking, :)

Very nice score, Homer. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Wow, an amazing score Oyamafamily!

You made me play this again! Here is my new score 334,660

By far the toughest competition I have had to have so far. By the way Oyamafamily your score is the third highest Atari 2600 Galaxian score of all time that I know of. Very good indeed.

Edit: One last thing. Is this the last day or is tomorrow the last day? Midnight Sunday could either be considered the beginning of a day or the end of a day.

post-3979-0-09362000-1352000065_thumb.jpg

Edited by homerwannabee

Wow, an amazing score Oyamafamily!

You made me play this again! Here is my new score 334,660

By far the toughest competition I have had to have so far. By the way Oyamafamily your score is the third highest Atari 2600 Galaxian score of all time that I know of. Very good indeed.

Edit: One last thing. Is this the last day or is tomorrow the last day? Midnight Sunday could either be considered the beginning of a day or the end of a day.

It's over at the end of the day Sunday. 23 hours left as of now.

Congrats, homerwannabee! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What's the all-time record for this game?

In January of 2010 I taped a score of 2,696,100, and sent it in to Twin Galaxies, and they verified it. This though is by far the highest score I have gotten since then. Mainly because I wanted to focus on other games, and for whatever reason this game really does a number of your hands if you play it for that long.

• Like 1

Gunning for Lid, he's my arch nemesis. In case I don't have time to get that far, here's my latest score. Got the groove of this game down, just got trapped a few times and need to think ahead a bit. For future knowledge, here's a tip. Don't bother point stacking in the first few rounds to start off good, it doesn't really make that much of a difference and wastes time. The key is this, at least this is what got me past my 20K deadlock. Don't bother trying to be a good aim for bugs higher up, let them swoop down as close as possible, moving with them and striking when they're down low. Helps to avoid the purples and the greens when they swoop at wider angles occasionally. With autofire on, you'll blast a few in a row and shoot another up for good measure, usually hitting something. Even though it's tempting, don't always go for the white/red squadrons. It's a lot of points, but go for it if you know you're safe. Don't risk it until you get to homer's level of insanity and your mind is connected to the game psychically. Not sure I'm going to have the time to pop another score. If I had a few more days I'd probably be able to do it. Here's my current:

post-22322-0-37482400-1352088458_thumb.jpg