IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.8- Kangaroo

Vocelli

Wow, Lid, that's incredible. I can only imagine how fast the bouncing apple's going at that point. What's everyone strategy so far? I've found that essentially considering level two a survival round only is the best option, gaining most of your points on levels one and three. The bell seems pointless to me. Even though it can increase your points, you have a timer to worry about that's over 1/4 of the way finished by the time you get to the top in most cases. I don't see how it's really possible to point crush with all the shit going on, it seems running and gunning is the best option, taking advantage of the monkeys going down to lower levels to avoid them tossing apples at you. I gave it a few goes, score below. I took a picture, but I assume higher scores will be coming and it will probably be beaten in a day. One problem I have with this game is level two, there's some REAL buggy programming going on there. Also some nonsensical physics that gets on my nerves. Like how is it that I can step down two inches and fall to my death in level three? Why do I have to jump it? Isn't that a farther drop? How many times have you personally missed those damn log jumps in the middle of level two? That's the hardest part of the damn game. I make it a habit of slamming the joystick in the upper right or left so I get the jump. So annoying. Current score:

Edited by Stan

Wow, Lid, that's incredible. I can only imagine how fast the bouncing apple's going at that point. What's everyone strategy so far? I've found that essentially considering level two a survival round only is the best option, gaining most of your points on levels one and three. The bell seems pointless to me. Even though it can increase your points, you have a timer to worry about that's over 1/4 of the way finished by the time you get to the top in most cases. I don't see how it's really possible to point crush with all the shit going on, it seems running and gunning is the best option, taking advantage of the monkeys going down to lower levels to avoid them tossing apples at you. I gave it a few goes, score below. I took a picture, but I assume higher scores will be coming and it will probably be beaten in a day. One problem I have with this game is level two, there's some REAL buggy programming going on there. Also some nonsensical physics that gets on my nerves. Like how is it that I can step down two inches and fall to my death in level three? Why do I have to jump it? Isn't that a farther drop? How many times have you personally missed those damn log jumps in the middle of level two? That's the hardest part of the damn game. I make it a habit of slamming the joystick in the upper right or left so I get the jump. So annoying. Current score:

1st level:

Before the bouncing "apples" (always had been stones to me) reach their max speed (which I think happens in the third time you go through all levels), you can grab the last fruit on level 1 and ring the bell until you get the pineapple. Just don't let the monkeys throw any stone, sometimes you need to punch 2 monkeys in a row before going to the fruit.

After the bouncing stone reach its maximum speed, even if you're walking towards it in that third floor (it's too high on screen, too close to the stone to pass it), the stone can eventually hit you, so no good to go back and eat more fruits.

2nd level:

You can wait the monkeys before climbing to the first and second big horizontal platform.

To me jumping is too hard with the cx-40 and easy with the keyboard. Still I died more in this level than in any other.

Oh, and there's my video too! It's a short video but gives around 90% of all things I do in the game. 10% for eating fruits on level 1 and minor changes.

Ok.

I have decided to give out ONE bonus point to all of those people who did not receive any bonus points in the Galaxian round.

I hope that is fair.

In the future, 'Post a pic' will NOT be automatic. Your pic MUST reflect the subject matter. I will have to determine if you gets the points or not.

Please, make it fun. I really enjoyed seeing what mythical creatures everyone posted.

If this does not solve the Galaxian week problem. Please understand that being the Mod takes some time and creativity. I am trying.

So I'm giving everyone with 10k +1 point ;)

EDIT-- No, no. I misunderstood it. I could only give a bonus to players below or above. So I only lost the +1 but I guess I'm much safer for first position now...

post-32348-0-64574400-1352337991_thumb.png

Wow! Nicely done! Not sure if I have it in me to try to catch up to you. Got hit hard with the flu/colds going around. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a go this weekend.

Has anybody got any tips?

Watch the ball at the top at all times. Time your movements based on it in later levels. Try to move towards it on certain tiers so it doesn't have a chance to hit you and you can time your ascent correctly. Don't bother with the monkeys on level two, just survive on that one. Get your points on 1 and 3. Let all four monkeys descend in level two, they'll waste time on the first floor chucking apples and you can ascend before they get up to the next tier. Critical because their apples can hit you in the feet as you go up. When jumping the wider gaps, really dig your joystick diagonally up. You'll usually jump twice, so get used to the rhythm. But it will make sure you don't fall down. The rest is just skill.

Game's actually pretty good when you get the hang of it. My only complaint is that point crushing can only be done on level one. It's not worth the risk in levels two and three. Easier in three, but the first bonus fruit is too far in the left to make it worth it. You're better off surviving levels two and three and point crushing on one. Once the speed is at max, just watch the bounce of the ball, when it's at its peak walk under it. Easy. Would have gotten more but I slipped on a stair. Good point increase, however, and I know I can get more. Let's see if I have the time for it!

post-22322-0-66669800-1352685205_thumb.jpg