IGNORED

HSC9 Round 17: Gumball & Sweet tooth bonus!

Right guys (and girls)... I'm back!

Jaw Breaker II - The game needs OS/B to work fully (otherwise locks up on high score entry screen) so if your on an emulator 'switch' the firmware - remember to switch it back for the other games! (Chuckles of Ultima III fame :thumbsup: )

Gumball - after the 4pm whistle you need to empty your barrows and then press ESCAPE to pause the game and get a screen shot. If you are playing right to the 5pm shutdown then you might miss this, but take one if you can.

Goochman - nice Gumball scores :thumbsup:

everyone please post any Hall of Fames would be nice to see if anyone has ever completed the game (I suspect it ends after president/Lv6 ? Also if anyone has a version with the default score board please post an ATR/link as people may be able to get onto it!

Some scores from me

Gumball: 23,420 40,400 Made it to V.P. and my Hall of Fame table just! Lv1 Bonus 4,220. Adrenaline rush game. You need to adjust the flow rate to hit the higher targets and there's lots of game play options to figure out - need to put in the hours if you want to live in that Castle folks :D

The Bean Machine (yes on advanced!!) 1,424 (6:08)

Plaque Man 6,490

No takers for JellyBeans yet :ponder: [see advised game settings on post #1]

Gumball is tough but real fun once you get past the learning curve. The other games are fairly easy especially Candy Factory and Jelly Beans so there should be something for everyone ;)

1st tables in a minute or two...

post-19705-0-07134800-1352550848.jpg

post-19705-0-72126900-1352550858_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-41931200-1352550867.jpg

post-19705-0-68504500-1352550874.jpg

Plaque Man

This is one slow @ss game.

Is there any way to kill the 3 things moving around the screen?

The power up if it called that doesn't kill them, they flash for a bit.

Yes, Plaque Man wasn't quite as good as I remembered... can't seem to kill them - the game does get much harder around level 6 so don't think anyone will be racking up a mega score :ponder:

Candy Factory... much more challenging having to get all the items yes even if it means running out of time ;) [Option to play on rotated/left handed joystick! Select to pause]

The movement/jumping takes a bit of practice I guess they made it manically flash the platforms to break the eye hand coordination... they can check that box for me :ponder:

64,700 reached Level 0 Room 8

post-19705-0-72046800-1352658630.jpg

Gumball: 11980, hmm, supervisor?

I have one problem with pause - when I use Escape key, I can play only with keyboard :/

If you press ESC once before 5pm you will get the pause to work - if you press pause too late or press another key it will restart in keyboard mode, and you have to wait until the go ends to press fire to start again in joystick mode!!

SO... Is it just my dodgy multiboot copy of Candy Factory that has the blinking platforms? Just loaded it on the emulator and looks normal, thought this seemed harder than I remembered :roll: Also my multiboot Bean Machine has text saying v1.2 and my Jaw Breaker II has no music :D

I can't believe I voted for Gumball... Pathetic scores, 1380 is the best I have done so far

Keep the flow rate low (1/4) on screen 1 - go for maxing out the score by getting the bonuses - I think there's one for each colour with no screw-ups (gumballs dropped on floor or tipped out barrows perhaps?). Store 1 less than the target then max out the bins for more bonus goodness. On each level up the flow rate and set this as soon as the level starts. Most importantly 'Get into a rhythm' - there are various strategies but I like to concentrate on the first drop :)

p.s. we need more workers! It's like a real workplace several layers of management and one guy with a broom wedged up his arse :D

Bean Machine 1,079

Interesting game

Jelly Beans

I can't figure out how to change the skill level

I only got 600 on level 1

The graphics look a bit messed up.

Yes The Bean Machine is not a bad little game and perfect for a bonus game!

See post #1 for JellyBeans info and link to post with screenshot of options screen - you have to do this on the title screen before playing ;)

The game uses a special graphics mode to get more colours (I think) but they are a bit similar so you end up using the markings on the pieces or shapes to identify them :ponder: