IGNORED

HSC9 Round 17: Gumball & Sweet tooth bonus!

Jaw Breaker II

The game gets much faster, looks like it wants to save scores to disk so might try the XEX on a DOS menu disk :ponder:

post-19705-0-47930900-1352936735.jpg

@rr If you set the firmware to OS/B on the emulator Jaw Breaker II will allow entry / show the high scores correctly. I've asked on the main forum for someone to patch this ;) we trust you so screenshots' optional :D

Candy Factory

496,300 much easier now the screen doesn't flash - game let down by too many extra men :ponder:

post-19705-0-09727700-1352936741.jpg

The rule for collecting all items doesn't apply after building 3 (where the baddies get very fast and patrol a small area: on this level it's impossible to get the left sided one. You must still get them all if you can.

post-19705-0-73613900-1352936745.jpgpost-19705-0-51326300-1352936753.jpg

I've added another 2pt HSC bonus for anyone finishing this game; think there are 10- buildings (see comments on atarimania) - will take ages to play mind ;)

post-19705-0-28464100-1352936764.jpg

Gumball

I blew bubbles :_( What's that I see from Goochman :thumbsup:

new tables in a mo...

I dont think its possible to get to President on Gumball - I played a near perfect Manager run and got 40 with almost no time left. With the bins only holding 9 gumballs you have to unload atleast once on VP to get to 50. Impossible to run full steam and not make numerous mistakes - not to mention the bombs come out pretty frequently on VP level.

Anyone know what the next 'castle' looks like for Prez?

1620 on gumball... trying to find time to play the bonus games

heh, I have no time to play :/

It's a good job we have almost an EXTRA WEEK to play folks ;)

I dont think its possible to get to President on Gumball - I played a near perfect Manager run and got 40 with almost no time left. With the bins only holding 9 gumballs you have to unload atleast once on VP to get to 50. Impossible to run full steam and not make numerous mistakes - not to mention the bombs come out pretty frequently on VP level.

Anyone know what the next 'castle' looks like for Prez?

I have seen The Castle once but somehow I didn't get a score on my board (think it was before I started maxing out the points)... just completed manager by the skin of my ball ... gums... yes gums :D and then was hit by a bomb frenzy on V.P.

45,310 darn close!

post-19705-0-11859700-1353023258.jpg

Jelly Beans is way too easy once you remember you can hold fire and move L/R to rotate the middle row - this lets you get more 5 in a rows to maximise scoring; unfortunately the game is really too easy and you can hold fire in and just move randomly and rack up points so I'll make it just 1pt for playing. 204,000 To restart: Press Esc to pause then Start/F2 :)

Jaw Breaker II small improvement 29,955

Blew it on Plaque man (looks like Gury's 7K is a tough score to match) the game is almost too hard to play after level 6 or so; shame you can't drill them bacteria :D

Also blew it on Gumball despite a massive bonus on foreman :ponder:

post-19705-0-43614800-1353111486.jpg

post-19705-0-05043500-1353111527.jpg

Nice JBII Vid rr :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really like the way the sound came out with the background 'chatter', sounds like a real arcade :) Your tactics are spot on, very patient steady play unlike my Kamikaze style! Hope you're going to beat my 40K so I can play some more ;) now you can do videos for all the HSC games :D (hope you put a mention of the HSC on your you tube channel - perhaps a little inbuilt ad in each video?!

• Like 1

I wasn't looking to add background noise tho.

I made a video of ulf's berzerk. i haven't uploaded it yet.

I having problems now with altirra, i just get a white screen. i'm not sure what happened. :(

I can't make no more videos or even use altirra. :(

edit - i got it fixed, i had to reset the window outlay.

That JB 2 video, i had the timer set for like 340 seconds or so.

Time ran out, that's why the vid ended just before i got 19k

Edited by roadrunner

I wasn't looking to add background noise tho.

I made a video of ulf's berzerk. i haven't uploaded it yet.

I having problems now with altirra, i just get a white screen. i'm not sure what happened. :(

I can't make no more videos or even use altirra. :(

edit - i got it fixed, i had to reset the window outlay.

That JB 2 video, i had the timer set for like 340 seconds or so.

Time ran out, that's why the vid ended just before i got 19k

Often in altirra you can accidentally toggle the screen mode - press control and F1 a few times to cycle through - not sure what this is for but it's a pain! The sound is a bonus feature - I like it. Looking forward to seeing some more ULF :D

• Like 1

Finally got it together for another good Gumball go... ran out of time with another 12 in my buckets to empty but would still not have made the 50 V.P. target... just had it on a bit too fast and things got too crazy! Mastering the bombs a bit better now (use space bar). 49,740 Turned out to be my 2nd best ever go :) Next stop the Castle (and the HSC record) :D

Gumball Hints: If anyone's struggling you should be able to make 3k+ on the first screen without any issues; keep the flow rate slow (1/4) and concentrate on not dropping any at all. Leave the game on and watch the demo to get an idea. The bonues for not dropping balls are much more than those for extra balls so just do each level safely

HSC Round 18 POLL OPEN

post-19705-0-40892200-1353369148.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob

Plaque Man 7,360 (Level 7) - ;)

post-19705-0-61342700-1353430882.jpg

Gumball 54,970 - just smashed my p.b. and the HSC record (sorry Trooper :D )

still had 30 to go after the 1st unload on V.P. Had 10 I failed to empty at end and think I would be about 10 short of living in ones Castle :ponder:

Screenshots soon as I've finished on Photoshop... no wait I meant getting my phone to connect to the PC, yes that's it :D

post-19705-0-26942700-1353430930_thumb.jpg