IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 5 - Game 17 !Desert Falcon!

JacobZu7zu7

I was following this rule of gameplay

Rule #6. Please do not abuse bugs in the games!

Many Atari games have loopholes that allow you to easily get huge amounts of points without much work

(An example of such "point scumming" in Asteroids, you can eliminate all but one small asteroid,

and then "hunt" UFO's without the level ending), or finish the game while skipping alot of the actual

content. Not only do these result in somewhat bogus high scores, but it ruins the fun and challenge of the game in the process.

I'll try to point out "forbidden" tactics as i become aware of them,

but if you happen to stumble across one that i was not aware of, please let me know!

(Note: If a bug is proven to exist partway through the contest, existing scores may be removed if it can be proven that they have exploited the bug even if it was not intentional. If you have triggered the bug accidentally,

i would urge you to voluntarily remove your score and post a new one.)

I personally don't think I was breaking said rule. The tactics involved are hardly foolproof and overall just common sense if your goal is points rather than to see how far you can get into the game. It's impossible to fully stop and in many places it's not to your advantage to do so due to the terrain.

I personally don't think I was breaking said rule. The tactics involved are hardly foolproof and overall just common sense if your goal is points rather than to see how far you can get into the game. It's impossible to fully stop and in many places it's not to your advantage to do so due to the terrain.

It was not my intention to state that you were breaking any rules.. maybe I have perceived the rule incorrectly...I agree that at certain times in the game it is prudent to stay in one place. You had said that you would not have moved as fast as I did...but in this game it does not matter at what point in the level that your are in..the waves repeat themselves...so staying at the beginning or standing in front of the Sphinx...doesn't matter the waves will keep coming.

This round is almost over anyway so it matters not.

• 2 weeks later...

I solved to erase my too huge scores on 7800 Desert Falcon (> 1,000,000 points).

My goal is to reach at least the SECOND PLACE on Season 5 Rankings at the final of Game 18 - FATAL RUN.

@JACOBZU7ZU7: Please, consider my final scores on Desert Falcon:

ADVANCED - 447,490

EXPERT - 491,762

okay.. and all scores will be updated accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oyama, do you have any way to record your game play to show us your technique.

Hmmm, oyama, it seems suspicions are warranted... He DOES in fact have a way to record gameplay because he did show it once for Mr. Do's Castle for the 2600, I believe. Either way, cracks are starting to show in his "skills"...