IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.9 - Battlezone

Vocelli

I have the same problem! Any advices?

Maybe you only play retrogames and aren't familiar with first person shooter?

You're in the middle of a war, surrounded by enemies who will shoot at you at first oportunity (at your back, sideway, in front of you)

Fortunately you have the radar and you can hear the tanks shooting.

So prepare to dodge bullets from behind you, those you can't see but can know where it comes from using the radar.

I did it in my video at 2:30.

I have the same problem! Any advices?

Keep an eye on the radar to make sure a tank is not directly behind you while you're backing up. If the tank is not directly behind you, backing up will cause the shot to pass in front of you. You still have to deal with the tank when it gets in front of you, but at least you can see it then,

Keep an eye on the radar to make sure a tank is not directly behind you while you're backing up. If the tank is not directly behind you, backing up will cause the shot to pass in front of you. You still have to deal with the tank when it gets in front of you, but at least you can see it then,

Should I reveal the easy secret? Fine, I'm a nice guy. It's simple. Stay stationary for like the first 30K or so points the tanks tend to always appear right in front of you. When things speed up DO NOT let a tank get behind you, and especially don't let one get in front of you unless it's far away (use the light-up aimer so you know when to shoot). With things speedy, keep backing up, rotate frequently to keep tanks to your LEFT or RIGHT (thus at right angles). This way, when they fire, you'll be moving in the 45 degree angle AWAY from the shot. You'll see it pass your field of vision. AS SOON as it does this, you have to quickly turn and shoot at the tank that did it. Be quick! Yellows will refire quickly, but the reason this works well is because they have the SAME shot delay that you do! So that miss is your ticket to hitting them. If more than two are near you, keep rotating so they get together, and keep moving at a right angle from them. They'll eventually kill each other and give you a clear screen. Keep going. This sounds easier than it is, but once you get it you should have a better time with it.

Damn it Scrab, YOU'RE LUCKY. I didn't have enough time to get higher than this, getting too close and I didn't want to take a chance. Still, got me another rank out of it, but I got more than this. NEXT TIME YOU'RE MINE. I do have 15 minutes, left, we'll see...

post-22322-0-63618600-1353300304_thumb.jpg

Damn it Scrab, YOU'RE LUCKY. I didn't have enough time to get higher than this, getting too close and I didn't want to take a chance. Still, got me another rank out of it, but I got more than this. NEXT TIME YOU'RE MINE. I do have 15 minutes, left, we'll see...

I'll look forward to us battling, again. Your final score of 146,000 is nothing to sneeze at. I spent a lot of time playing this game last week and I know how tough it is after 100,000. You made a good showing at the deadline. :thumbsup: :)

Edited by Scrabbler15
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Been playing this a lot lately and popped on to AtariAge wondering if my current high score was any good (125k, which looks like it's a respectable score).

REPEAT: NEVER LET THE TANKS GET IN FRONT OF YOU. You cannot survive a direct shot from them, it's nearly impossible to dodge.

I read this and had to reply. You can actually survive a direct forward shot just by backing up. You have to have a bit of distance between you and the enemy when they fire, but if it's enough, the shot will disappear just as it's almost right on top of you.

I managed that twice last night. I wouldn't count on it, but to my surprise, it does work.

Edited by Atariboy

• 10 months later...