IGNORED

Dreamcast Rechargeable Battery replacement service with holder $14

Yurkie

I am sure many Dreamcast fans are frustrated like me that everytime they turn on the system the clock need to be reset due to the original rechargable battery no longer holding a charge. I have been looking for a good solution to this and finally found one that I like. I am offering this as a service.

The original rechargeable battery is soldered to the holder and can't be replaced without replacing the whole assembly (pic below with purple ring around the outside edge is the original).

What I do is remove the original and solder in a battery holder, and then insert a rechargeable battery into the holder. There is a picture of the holder empty and one with the battery inserted. This way years from now when the battery will no longer hold a charge you can simply buy a rechargeable battery...pull the old out and insert the new one.

$14 $18 plus return shipping for this service.

If your interested you can check out the links in my signature for info on 2600, 7800 and ColecoVision mods.

post-23318-0-98094700-1354927843_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-21787400-1354927957_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-50456300-1354927993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie
  • Like 2

Can you by chance do the

mod for the DC also?

I have personally chopped up a handful of Dreamcasts in an effort to internalize the SD card mod, and while some of them have been aesthetically nice and perfectly functional, my personal recommendation at this point is this, instead - -

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1807192862681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180719286268&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Way nicer, in my opinion.

Now, the NEXT level is the BIOS mod so that you can flash the DreamShell OS directly to the secondary BIOS chip and then boot from it and use the SD card as a "hard disk" . . . !

One of my "piggyback" BIOS mods to a DC. Lots of folks are doing them, look it up online - -

DSCN2293.JPG

:)

-a2a

An extremely useful and much needed MOD Yurkie. I'll have to send you my DC along with my 7800 soon.

I'm curious, can you by chance do the

mod for the DC also? Figured as long as you were under the hood........ :)

Here's a schematic for reference.

There are data rate issues that cause games to lag. It is not a mod I would be interested in doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...