IGNORED

[IC] Sealed 2600/7800 carts

KalessinDB

Revising this topic due to multiple suggestions:

I have come into a small cache of (admittedly common) sealed carts. I don't collect sealed carts. Please, take them off my hands. If you want me to shoot from the hip for a price, call it $6 a cart plus shipping, but I'm very willing to listen to offers. If you want a lot, I'm willing to deal. I'm basically just judging my prices off of vgpc.com. I'll get some pictures up eventually, but if you're interested in any in particular let me know and I'll happily take pics (they're mostly in decent shape, but some of them are beat up a bit - I'll do my best to highlight those when they are)

2600 carts: (16 - 14 left )

Battlezone

Dark Chambers

Dig Dug

Football

Galaxian

Gravitar

Joust

Jr. Pac-Man

Jungle Hunt - bottom left corner slightly crushed

Kangaroo

Realsports Baseball

Solaris

Super Football

Ms Pac-man

Pole Position

Venture

7800 carts:(18 - 4 left)

Asteroids

Barnyard Blaster

Centipede

Dark Chambers

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong - creased on the back, pretty noticeable

Donkey Kong Junior

Galaga

Hat Trick

Jinks

Joust

Meltdown

Ms. Pac-man

One-on-one Basketball

Pole Position II

Realsports Baseball

Tower Toppler

Xevious

Edited by KalessinDB

Okay so I know I'm new here, and this topic will be met with skepticism. I accept this.

That being said, I recently bought an Atari 7800 off a buddy of mine, with "some games" as he put it. "Some games" was an understatement. He had 52 separate loose games (mix of 2600 and 7800), and 34(!!!) sealed boxes. Here's the thing: I don't collect sealed games, never have. I'm a guy who likes to play games, if I happen to find an instruction manual with my game it's a bonus for me, a box? Never. Let alone a SEALED one.

So I'm somewhat interested in selling these, but I obviously have no huge need to. I wouldn't even really know where to start (yeah there's vgpc.com, but I don't know how reliable that is for New/sealed stuff).

I give you the list:

2600 carts: (16)

Battlezone

Dark Chambers

Dig Dug

Football

Galaxian

Gravitar

Joust

Jr. Pac-Man

Jungle Hunt

Kangaroo

Realsports Baseball

Solaris

Super Football

Ms Pac-man

Pole Position

Venture

7800 carts:(18)

Asteroids

Barnyard Blaster

Centipede

Dark Chambers

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

Galaga

Hat Trick

Jinks

Joust

Meltdown

Ms. Pac-man

One-on-one Basketball

Pole Position II

Realsports Baseball

Tower Toppler

Xevious

And needless to say, pics of anything can be provided upon request, with my username and the date and all that goodness.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but those are all very, very common in sealed condition. Almost all of them were part of the mix of games a company called O'Sheas had that they obtained from Atari and they sold them for a few dollars each up until a few years ago. You'd be hard pressed to find any collector that doesn't have multiple copies of those and if you check Ebay, you'll see them readily available for a few bucks each. I think you can safely open them and actually play the games (some of them are really good) and not worry at all about hurting the value of what you have as they are only worth a few bucks to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Many of the people who are interested will have stopped looking at this thread because:

1. It does not have pictures.

2. It does not have prices.

You may notice a current thread of dedicated buyers who wonder if people should even be allowed to sell in the marketplace without these things. Personally, I feel you're welcome to sell your items in whatever way you wish, but will get A LOT more interest if you add this info.

For many people jumping through the hoops of asking a seller for pictures, asking for a price, making an offer, figuring out shipping, etc - is not worth the potential few dollar savings vs clicking buy-it-now on ebay where all of this information is known ahead of time.

[Above is meant as friendly advice, not thread crapping.]

Good luck.

Edited by labrat
  • Like 3