IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES INTV (new) Overlay set

pboland

This is a break off of my "Interest Check: Reproduction Controller Overlays". Since I'm no longer pursuing reproduction overlays, I figured it was time to start a new topic devoted to the Sears TELE-GAMES INTV Overlay set that has come about form my other topic.

I had a little time this weekend to play around with a design of this new overlay set. I wanted to see what you guys think so far. (BTW, I only have the one overlay right now)

post-9874-0-21288700-1355682753_thumb.jpg

From what I can tell there are 29 released titles that came in the Sears style. Is this correct? I'm hoping to make this set with it's own custom box (haven't decided yet). Please keep in mind that it may take me some time to complete this project as I'm redrawing all of the overlays. This is not just a "slap the Sears logo on INTV overlays scans and call it a day" kind of project. At least in my eyes.

Please let me know what you guys think so far.

• Like 1

A few thoughts....

1) For the love of all that is holy, please make these. :love:

2) Please make them and wrap them in a Sears Super Video Arcade themed box, maybe one with the artwork from the system box on the front and then scans of the 29 game covers on the back.

3) Maybe you could get in touch with Willy and see if a GATEFOLD box was an option. I would seriously pay more for this.

4) Should the red be just a bit darker? (See attached link) http://www.intvfunho...ox/mlbb-110.jpg

5) Could "Super Video Arcade" be added to the title of each game? (see link above) Maybe the Sears Telegames logo would need to be a bit smaller, although I do really want to see that on the OL as well.

6) I will buy more than one copy of these.

7) For the love of all that is holy, please make these. :love:

Seriously though, do you have any of the Sears versions of the games? If not, I can certainly send you a couple to play around with and for closer inspection instead of just scans from IntvFunhouse.

Edited by cmart604
  • Like 3

Are these the laminated ones?

You can read about the process in this post that is in the original topic that I posted above:

http://www.atariage....s/#entry2602504

My process makes an overlay that feels very similar to original Intellivision overlays from back in the day. I have already made many ColecoVision overlays using the same process. You can read about that here:

ColecoVision Overlays Available (Reproduction)

No paint or paper is used in my overlay process. Many users find my overlays to be as good as originals in way of durability and feel. I hope that helps.

A few thoughts....

1) For the love of all that is holy, please make these. :love:

I will make these. They just may take me 2-3 months to get them done.

2) Please make them and wrap them in a Sears Super Video Arcade themed box, maybe one with the artwork from the system box on the front and then scans of the 29 game covers on the back.

3) Maybe you could get in touch with Willy and see of a GATEFOLD box was an option. I would seriously pay more for this.

I have some ideas for a box. It most likely will not be a full size game box, but a mini box made to look like a Sears game box. If I can get good scans of the Sears Super Video Arcade box I might use that, but your suggestion is noted.

4) Should the red be just a bit darker? (See attached link) http://www.intvfunho...ox/mlbb-110.jpg

It should print out a little darker. I basically took a bunch of scans I could find and sampled all the red color from those scans and came up with an "average" base red color. I'm afraid that if I make it too dark, it will print out kind of brownish.

5) Could "Super Video Arcade" be added to the title of each game? (see link above) Maybe the Sears Telegames logo would need to be a bit smaller, although I do really want to see that on the OL as well.

I can put that in there and see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.

6) I will buy more than one copy of these.

7) For the love of all that is holy, please make these. :love:

I will make them. I just need some time to make them. :)

PM sent

• Like 1

Wow !! Those look great !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As said above, adding Super Video Arcade would be cool, maybe make the "Title" font a little smaller to accommodate ?

And not to jump in on cmart but being next door in Indiana I too could send you a couple boxes as well...save on customs and stuff... ;)

I too want more than one set, those are awesome ! :D

I would also by multiple sets :lust: :lust: :lust:

I second adding "Super Video Arcade" to the titles.

The mini box made to look like a standard box would be adorable, but a full size gatefold sitting next to an Orphan Overlay box would display nicely. I vote for both and would like at least one of each ;-)

Wow !! Those look great !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As said above, adding Super Video Arcade would be cool, maybe make the "Title" font a little smaller to accommodate ?

And not to jump in on cmart but being next door in Indiana I too could send you a couple boxes as well...save on customs and stuff... ;)

I too want more than one set, those are awesome ! :D

I'm just heading to the post office right now and I'm sending Poker and Sea Battle, maybe you could send Phil a couple of other ones to work with.

• Like 1

Okay, Here's with the text "Super Video Arcade" on the overlay:

post-9874-0-77723300-1355703590_thumb.jpg

I had to first draw the "Super Video Arcade" logo. I figured it sounded better (to read down the overlay) having the "Super Video Arcade" title under the TELE-Games logo. What do you guys think?

Okay, Here's with the text "Super Video Arcade" on the overlay:

post-9874-0-77723300-1355703590_thumb.jpg

I had to first draw the "Super Video Arcade" logo. I figured it sounded better (to read down the overlay) having the "Super Video Arcade" title under the TELE-Games logo. What do you guys think?

The logo looks good, although they actually include it as part of the title of each game (see the link) http://www.intvfunho...ox/mlbb-110.jpg

I agree with the way it reads but I'm not sure of you want to make it historically accurate. (Which generally I could care less about). :-D

I hate to do this to you but I've already thought of the next two overlay sets you could do.... :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

• Like 2

The logo looks good, although they actually include it as part of the title of each game (see the link) http://www.intvfunho...ox/mlbb-110.jpg

I agree with the way it reads but I'm not sure of you want to make it historically accurate. (Which generally I could care less about). :-D

I hate to do this to you but I've already thought of the next two overlay sets you could do.... :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

cmart beat me to it :grin:

Looks great, all I would suggest is dropping the game title below just as he said :P , not only would it be historically correct, to me it flows with Sears SVA theme better :)

And depending on how the print lands, I know what title I'm playing, it will be SOOO cool to see the SVA logo on the top of the overlay :lust: :lust:

My .02 cents ;)

Keep in mind that the gatefold design can't change because of the cutting die. A pack of overlays would not fit into the cart slot in the box....and boxes would cost on the order of 10 dollars each with a 200 minimum.....or at least that ballpark.

Probably Oliver would be able to produce a box that would be more suitable (The 1983 box).....

Of course, one could cut the box by hand to accomodate a pack of overlays probably.

Keep in mind that the gatefold design can't change because of the cutting die. A pack of overlays would not fit into the cart slot in the box....and boxes would cost on the order of 10 dollars each with a 200 minimum.....or at least that ballpark.

Probably Oliver would be able to produce a box that would be more suitable (The 1983 box).....

Of course, one could cut the box by hand to accomodate a pack of overlays probably.

Cmart heads to his basement underground lair to look closer at said overlays and sweet Willy gatefold boxes to imagine the possibilities....

• Haha 1