IGNORED

Absolute & Activision: Atari Style

KevinMos3

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in the thread, I posted a link to Jeff Wierer's blog where he posted a guide to make your own repros. What follows is intended to compliment that guide.

I was looking at my carts and wanting them to be as "neat" as possible. I decided to make them with no wires, so here's a couple pics how to do that. You can trim off the unneeded pins and trim the remaining pins to the length you need.

This means, trim pins 7, 8, and 14 almost to where the leg widens, but not quite.

Trim pin 9 all the way to where it widens.

With the bottom of the inverter facing UP, bend pin 9 all the way down so that it will make contact with its resting surface.

Bend pin 7 down and kink it where it widens to make a leg for the solder pad you've made on the PCB.

Bend pins 8 and 14 so they have a slight downward curve -- just enough so they'll touch the pins sticking up from the eprom.

You can see the prepped PCB and the finished PCB below. Be sure to use flux, especially on the solder pad you've created and the trace to which you're connecting pin 9.

post-9364-0-46605400-1358839416_thumb.jpg post-9364-0-96958600-1358839414_thumb.jpg

• Like 2