IGNORED

How do you run SNES on PSP 3000?

ydcl

I gave up on it; I don't want to chance it bricking on me. I will just used it to play classic SNK and stuff that Sony did release on the system. I just bought on amazon SNK classics volume 1.

I might buy one of those Chinese things though, they come ready to play emulators and Willgoo,com has a few for $80.

Did you even try my advice? Your file system on the memory stick could be slightly corrupted causing issues like this. Also, SNES emulation is great on the PSP.

Checking your file system on your memory card is pretty much step #1 whether it's a PSP, Dingoo, Android device etc..

I did the system check as you said; it stated no errors were found.

• Like 1

Give some details.. don't just say "I put the SNES emu and roms there" because that doesn't tell anybody anything. ;) What folder did you put it in at the very least? What files? Did you follow the advice from the guy above and try running from both the \GAME and \GAME150 folders?

Give some details.. don't just say "I put the SNES emu and roms there" because that doesn't tell anybody anything. ;) What folder did you put it in at the very least? What files? Did you follow the advice from the guy above and try running from both the \GAME and \GAME150 folders?

I put it in the PSP-GAME-then left the folder there that had the snes emu, and put 5 roms in the roms folder.

As mentioned, the corrupted files could point to a mem stick problem (especially if you're using a microsd adapter and got a fake in there).

I don't think so, though. Has your CFW ever worked on something? When you said you downloaded it, and this may sound silly, but what did you do with it? Also, there are a couple types of custom firmware--generally its chosen by what kind of PSP you have. Some is flashed and always available, others are kind of glitched in and that has to be done manually every time your psp does a full startup.

Personally, I don't think you're running CFW and your unmodded psp is seeing the extra files in your folders as junk.

When you hold down select for a few seconds at the menu, do you see your CFW settings? If not, there's your problem.

Edited by Reaperman

As mentioned, the corrupted files could point to a mem stick problem (especially if you're using a microsd adapter and got a fake in there).

I don't think so, though. Has your CFW ever worked on something? When you said you downloaded it, and this may sound silly, but what did you do with it? Also, there are a couple types of custom firmware--generally its chosen by what kind of PSP you have. Some is flashed and always available, others are kind of glitched in and that has to be done manually every time your psp does a full startup.

Personally, I don't think you're running CFW and your unmodded psp is seeing the extra files in your folders as junk.

When you hold down select for a few seconds at the menu, do you see your CFW settings? If not, there's your problem.

I went to settings and then system settings and it had CFW as my firmware. But it was not permanent one. When you shut it down it goes back to sony stuff.

I went to settings and then system settings and it had CFW as my firmware. But it was not permanent one. When you shut it down it goes back to sony stuff.

The PSP 3000 blows for custom firmware. I stick with the 2000 models for the slightly improved memory, component out and easier CFW.

Nevertheless, that link I gave you HERE should have signed SNES emulators that don't need CFW to be enabled.

The PSP 3000 blows for custom firmware. I stick with the 2000 models for the slightly improved memory, component out and easier CFW.

Nevertheless, that link I gave you HERE should have signed SNES emulators that don't need CFW to be enabled.

Okay, but what does "signed emulators mean"?

Okay, but what does "signed emulators mean"?

Means for a game or homebrew to be recognized it must be "signed" with a special password. If that password doesn't match it shows up as corrupted garbage instead of a valid application. People found the password and applied it to their own homebrew so it appears to be a legit Sony approved application.

I believe there was/is a site called something like "goldendragon." It was a site you could browse to on your psp, and it would actually pull down installers for homebrew right from the system. Much easier than the "RTFM" action of getting things working manually. Click and go.

It wasn't uncommon for a homebrew to fail its install, but deleting the package and redownloading seemed to help.

It also makes a nice homepage for the psp browser.

I believe there was/is a site called something like "goldendragon." It was a site you could browse to on your psp, and it would actually pull down installers for homebrew right from the system. Much easier than the "RTFM" action of getting things working manually. Click and go.

It wasn't uncommon for a homebrew to fail its install, but deleting the package and redownloading seemed to help.

It also makes a nice homepage for the psp browser.

My incompetence right now is incredible! I need to figure out how connect my PSP to my wireless router. I dunno if it's WEP or what? :(

I've been connecting it via USB.

Means for a game or homebrew to be recognized it must be "signed" with a special password. If that password doesn't match it shows up as corrupted garbage instead of a valid application. People found the password and applied it to their own homebrew so it appears to be a legit Sony approved application.

Finally got a SNES to work!!! But it runs MEGA SLOW...

I could not get the GBA to work. Maybe I'll try a NES.

• Like 2

Probably. It depends on which NES emulator you are using. You gotta read any instructions that come with. Or, at least play around with the interface.

I got the screen to expand.

Thanks for all the help all!

This matter is closed! :D