IGNORED

HSC10 Round 2 Poll

Vote for the next HSC game  

14 members have voted

1. 1. See comments & links on post below (2nd place game goes into next vote)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Still time to play in round 1, but here are the games to choose from in round 2!

If anyone wants ATR versions checkout atarionline.pl, homesoft or Vjetnam sites ;)

Pac-Man Fandal 1982 ver XEX Atarimania ROM & Instructions [HSC Rating 9]

Also Atariage 2012 Arcade Version XEX/BIN [HSC Rating 10]

pac-man.png

Astro Droid Fandal XEX Atarimania instructions Not played this one much but I like scrollers [Not played before in HSC]

astro-droid.png

Q*Bert Fandal XEX Atariamania has Instructions & European USA and Canadian versions of the game! Classic Jumping around changing the tiles' colours [HSC Rating 8]

q-bert.png

Berzerk Fandal XEX Awesome [HSC Rating 9]

berzerk.png

The Last V8 Fandal XEX Atarimania Instructions & US release One tough mother of a game! Think I once got to the 2nd stage by pressing break when loading from tape! Not a bad game but way too hard. If this wins we'll play some other duff driving games too Death Race and California Run perhaps?

TMR said: "i'm not sure why everybody found this so difficult, i finished it repeatedly in the 1980's and can still manage it now..." we'll have to get some hints from him ;) [Not played before in HSC]

the_last_v8.png

I went with Astro Droid simply because it's the only one I've never played before.

It's fun to discover new things... I had never played JBJ before Round 1, and I love it.

:thumbsup:

It's nice finding a game you have missed, there's always a few suprises in the HSC - though some of the bonus games may be unpleasant suprises especially as I like to throw in a basic game or too ;) In this 10th season we still have many classics that have never made it to the HSC... Bruce Lee, Rescue on Fractalus...

Bruce Lee was in one of the 'batch of 4' we got from the catalogue for Christmas '85 to go with my new XL. I became a demon at that game - but haven't played it for many many years. The others were Dropzone, Activision Decathlon and Ghost Chaser (was supposed to be Ghostbusters but hadn't been released). Think Rescue on Fractalus on tape was the next game I bought and the first via mail order from an ad in Atari User. Just realised - despite having a 1050 I don't think I ever bought an original disk game. Tapes were cheaper.

Great memories. :grin:

Edited by Tickled_Pink

No doubt this is the wrong forum, etc to ask this question...

I like to ask - has anyone seen any Atari 800 etc games running in graphics mode 9? ie. 16 shades of the one colour?

Or any game that ran in a special graphics mode? eg. You've probably seen the Technicolour Dream picture mode - one will guess no games are possible in this mode - though someone did write a demo of TD coloured ball sprites whizzing around the screen.

Graphics mode 10 and 11 come to mind also - for possible use?

Star Raiders fans will know that this game actually uses a low res graphics mode (is it Graphics mode 7?). One has to remember when this game was written - when it was thought 16k was a lot of memory in these early days, and 8k cartridges were the first ones out.

Harvey

No doubt this is the wrong forum, etc to ask this question...

I like to ask - has anyone seen any Atari 800 etc games running in graphics mode 9? ie. 16 shades of the one colour?

Or any game that ran in a special graphics mode? eg. You've probably seen the Technicolour Dream picture mode - one will guess no games are possible in this mode - though someone did write a demo of TD coloured ball sprites whizzing around the screen.

Graphics mode 10 and 11 come to mind also - for possible use?

Star Raiders fans will know that this game actually uses a low res graphics mode (is it Graphics mode 7?). One has to remember when this game was written - when it was thought 16k was a lot of memory in these early days, and 8k cartridges were the first ones out.

Harvey

Hi Harvey,

you would will a better response posting this in the main 8-Bit Computers forum but do games like Zybex, Draconus, and the excellent Blinky's Scary School use the single colour modes? There are also a few newer games that use some of the mixed modes (Jelly Beans). I'm sure there are many more too

:)