IGNORED

Look what I found! Coleco Expansion Module #3

digress

It's not the Expansion Module #3 that I was thinking of when I read the Thread Title, but it's very cool nonetheless. That was the version of the ADAM that I recieved for X-Mas '83 and I ended up getting another one for my collection, but it's safely boxed up and I only use the Stand-Alone version now.

BTW, if the System Joiner Tray was included, make sure to use it to keep the Memory Console and ColecoVision securely connected together and if you are not playing any Data Pack games... unplug the two Data Drive wires that connect the Drive to the Motherboard under the pop-off lid on the Memory Console. This way you save a lot of wear and tear on the drive from powering on and off as well as power being constantly on to the drive when the system is on. Another thing you can do is not attach the keyboard if all you are doing is playing games on the system and last but not least, to save space, you can consider buying a converted PC Power Supply for the system.

Have fun with Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game... they are great examples of the ADAM's abilities.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's very cool. Good suggestions on the console connector. I didn't know what that the thing was for.

I'll definatly disconnect the tape drive when not in use.

Now I need to figure out how to run some of the adam images that I have. I do have an atartmax SD card. I'll see if I can run anything other than the Coleco games from it.

Edited by digress

Nope, you can't run ADAM images from the SD Cart. You'll either have to find them on a data pack or disk (if you have a disk drive)...or get the IDE interface which will allow you to run a limited selection of software from memory card or IDE drive. NIAD can tell you more about that...

Yeah, it's very cool. Good suggestions on the console connector. I didn't know what that the thing was for.

I'll definatly disconnect the tape drive when not in use.

Now I need to figure out how to run some of the adam images that I have. I do have an atartmax SD card. I'll see if I can run anything other than the Coleco games from it.

Edited by jblenkle

Nope, you can't run ADAM images from the SD Cart. You'll either have to find them on a data pack or disk (if you have a disk drive)...or get the IDE interface which will allow you to run a limited selection of software from memory card or IDE drive. NIAD can tell you more about that...

I'll do one better, I'll provide a link to the thread that you started about the IDE Card! :thumbsup:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/202664-new-idecompact-flash-interface-for-adam/

I really don't want to go thru explaining all of that again.

• 3 years later...

sorry for reviving an old topic... but Google brought me here. I have an expansion module 3 and can't get it to run Tapes. Do I need the Printer???

You CAN NOT use the black ColecoVision power transformer to power the entire ADAM EM#3 Memory Console. I have never tried to do this because I had the instructions from Coleco when I got mine new back in 1983, but would assume that some things would actually work, but others like power to the Digital Data Drive would not be sufficient.

So to answer your question, YES, you need the ADAM Printer to power everything properly OR just the power supply that has been removed from the ADAM Printer OR one of the ADAM system power supplies that have been converted from PC power supplies over the years (hard to find now-a-days) OR one of AtariAge member Rey's new ADAM Power Supply. I would highly recommend sending Rey a PM immediately to get on a waiting list in case he decides to make some more of them... he just finished a run that sold out.