IGNORED

The D2K Arcade COMPETITION has ended!

Rev

LOL!

Nicely played, sir!

Hey, DZ, is your carol contest page still up?

I was wondering how many people entered your contest by comparison.

This contest had 20 participants. Not a bad turn out I guess, I was expecting more based on how many copies were sold. I thought I got the word out pretty good, I dont think I could of spammed any retro game forums and facebook pages than I did!

Next contest i do wont have as many patches made for sure! LoL.

I feel like a Big Lots commercial: "we made too many!"

I commisioned 100 patches to be made. ;-)

This contest had 20 participants. Not a bad turn out I guess, I was expecting more based on how many copies were sold. I thought I got the word out pretty good, I dont think I could of spammed any retro game forums and facebook pages than I did!

How about like a car dealership commercial?

"Patches! Patches! Patches! We went CRAZY last month and now we're overloaded with PATCHES ... but our loss, is your gain! Stop in at Crazy Rev's Patch Emporium... I can't believe that I'm offering them at these crazy low prices ... we're dealing!" (insert really fast disclaimer voice here).

Oh, and I'm not dZ ... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Here's a link to the Carol Leadership board. 35 participants. Don't forget that dZ offered up the rom for free so there was NO excuse for people not to play.

http://www.carolvsghost.com/cvw2012/leaderboard.html

Edited by Fushek

Yes, the page is still up. I think there were about 40 unique participants, with about 150 distinct score entries.

I had kind of the opposite problem: I made the Master Challenge expecting a couple of Master Elves by the last week of the competition, and ended up having to get about 10 custom mugs made.

And each one had the individual winner's name and rank, so they couldn't be ordered in bulk. Yikes!

But all in good fun and it was great. The D2K looks to also have been a success. :)

I went into the CvW Championship not knowing absolutely what to expect. After the first weekend with no entries, I even thought the contest was going to be a flop. Then Christmas Time was also competing for attention. Many issues with the timing, etc.

The good thing is that we now know what to expect. So the next contests will have better prizes and better coverage, and better everything! :)

dZ.

EDIT: Clarified that my comment on expectations referred to CvW, not the D2K competition.

• Like 2

I edited my comment to clarify that my concerns regarding the success of the competition referred to my CvW contest, not the D2K one.

Re-reading the post, it seems to suggest I was expecting the contest to fail, which is not true. Sorry for the confusion.

dZ.

Just a suggestion, but maybe two patches for the top 5 players will help you get rid of some of those extras ;-)

• Like 2

Just a suggestion, but maybe two patches for the top 5 players will help you get rid of some of those extras ;-)

I was already think of that. also I may give buttons to the top ten? I hope to have the prizes shipped this week. I still have to make more buttons. It depends on if i get bored of making them. ;-) And how generous I am feeling!

• Like 1

I was already think of that. also I may give buttons to the top ten? I hope to have the prizes shipped this week. I still have to make more buttons. It depends on if i get bored of making them. ;-) And how generous I am feeling!

i would buy a patch if you got extras. oh by the way did you get the signature book yet?

That would be great! maybe 2 patches and buttons!! and Yes, Thanks to Rev for putting this contest on and giving away some swag!!

i would buy a patch if you got extras. oh by the way did you get the signature book yet?

Yeah, i have it, it got delayed due to my move. Im making a small addition to it. Not the sig book itself, but something else. You will see, I think its cool. ;-)