IGNORED

Got AtariVox?

the.golden.ax

Thanks in part to a generous contribution to the community I find myself with a large number of AtariVox units.

In an effort to inspire the homebrew authors, it is my great privilege to give out some of these AtariVox units for development use.

Units will be sent to the requesting party for free so long as the following requirements are met:

A) You must have at least one completed title for sale on the Atari Age store now (or in the past) - hacks do count.

-= OR have completed title(s) that are available for download on Atari Age in a thread (send link) - hacks don't count =-

B) The loaner Vox is not for resale - keep it as long as you need for programming - return it, if / when you are done.

If you meet the above please shoot me a quick PM with your address information, and desired Vox version. There are few of the USB edition, but they may be better in the hands of the programmers (so I may not offer them anywhere but here). I'm not selling any Vox yet, so please no retail purchase requests at this time. I'd like to gather some more momentum on WIP titles and see if we can get the Vox more popular. Not just use up existing stock and let it die off.

Edited by the.golden.ax
  • Like 4

I'll put myself at the bottom of your list since I'm primarily a bB developer, but I do have two titles for sale in the AA Store, Cave In (2009) and Adventure Plus (2003). RevEng has generously provided the needed asm includes to add SaveKey and AtariVox support to bB games and I'd love to dive in to it. You can see my most recent effort, Gate Racer, just below this post in the Homebrew forum as I'm writing this. It provides SaveKey support. Either way, I'll graciously concede to all the excellent asm programmers out there based on your limited supply. :)

EDIT: I just saw in your original post that you requested a PM. I'll send you one but I will understand if don't qualify.

Steve

I think the bB programmers deserve to give themselves a little more credit. We're an active, creative bunch. batari BASIC is where the fresh blood usually starts nowadays. Let's show'em what can be done!

True, there are lots of young developers on the bB forums that are itching to learn more. You have to start somewhere. I've written an extremely simple kernel in asm and was able to get a sprite to move around a screen (you can see my original post from 2004 here: http://www.atariage....rst#entry557789), and I was able to get a pretty cool titlescreen kernel written in asm that I used in Cave In that was based on modifying Nick Bensema's "how to draw a playfield" example from a long time ago. I'm definitely not an expert. :)
  • Like 1

The AtariVox with Savekey capability has many yummy uses for devs. Just think:

* Not just for spouting off: "Beeeeee sebbenteeeeen Baaawmer!" Make extra sound effects and music for your games!

* Fudge hi-scores! How about SAVE GAMES for Atari 2600 RPGs?

* Use the scratchpad area for open world games with sandbox gameplay (Obvlivion, Fallout, etc..)

• 1 year later...