IGNORED

Drag Race

Atarius Maximus

This is a hack of Activision's Dragster. I changed the colors and changed the dragsters to look like stock cars. The car graphic was also updated for when you're doing a "wheelie".

The colors appear differently on different emulators for some reason. I was using z26 when I was working on the hack, so the colors I intended are reflected in that emulator. The game appears almost entirely black in PCAE, and the car is black instead of the red/orange color when you run it in StellaX. Does anyone know which emulator most accurately reflects the colors on a real 2600?

Here's a Screenshot (from z26):

dragrace.jpg

AM

EDIT 1/16/2014: Can you believe I can still edit a post after 10+ years? :) My original screenshot link has been broken for over 7 years, and KevinMos3 re-did the graphics on my hack to make it look much better, so I'm adding a few brand new screenshots now. My original has the cars with an outline, Kevin's hack of my hack has solid colored cars and modified background colors.

dragrace.zip

post-2143-0-58746900-1389933867_thumb.jpg

post-2143-0-13380400-1389933868_thumb.jpg

post-2143-0-07857000-1389933869_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 20 years later...

Check this out!  Atari included my hack in the new Gamestation Pro.  Thank you to Domeshtan for confirming and sharing this picture.

Atari did not reach out to me about including it, I just found out last night.  I may have to pick one of these systems up now (or maybe Atari should send me one free?) ;) 

dragrace_gamestation.jpg

• Like 1