IGNORED

Atari Australia's Secrets Found!

BoOchan!

I've found out that before and during Tramiels Reign of atari, A company called Futuretronics Pty Ltd Managed atari. These Guys Were, Guess What? Called Action Hi-Tech in the 1980's!!! Atari Australia was controlled by Action Hi-Tech, the company that supposedly pirated games here and shows the links with

Antic Magazine VOL. 2, NO. 12 / MARCH 1984 / PAGE 55

Atari Around The World

Atari products are distributed in Australia by Futuretronics Australia Pty. Ltd. Unfortunately, Futuretronics seems to have little concern about the sales, marketing, user support or after-sale service required for computer products

I found Futuretronics website (http://www.futuretronics.com.au/about.htm) and they Said about their History:

Since the commencement of trading in June, 1986, Action Hi-Tech shich is now trading under the name Futuretronics, has experienced a steady growth to become Australia’s largest supplier of electronics game and computer controllers.

LOOK Above, It says that Futuretronics traded has ACTION HI-TECH known as an Australian Maker of Pirate Carts! That Explains Atari Australia, Piratish Relationship with 128 In 1 Atari 2600 Consoles and their Relationship with RainbowVision

Place all your questions to this guy, who in in Charge of Futuretronics: chris@futuretronics.com.au

UPDATE: I mailed this guy, these following questions:

1. I believe that Action Hi-Tech made Unlicensed carts in the Late 80’s and if They were made by you, does this explain Atari Australia, Pirate 128 in 1 Console that was released in 1991? I believe this console came with pirated Games and games that Atari Australia deliberately took the Activision logo Off the their games on this system to avoid copyright infringement?

2. I would like to also know how long the Atari 2600 and 7800 were sold to in Australia.

3. Was the Atari 5200 and Jaguar ever released or planned to be released in Australia. If they weren’t, Why?

4. I’d like to know the relationship Action Hi-Tech had with Rainbow Vision,

which sold pirate cartridges in the 80’s.

He Repiled With: Who are you and why do you require this information ? Please provide more information and I will attempt to answer questions.

I know I won't get the answer, so can someone with a big Knowledge atari Status here on the boards, or has an extensive atari knowledge mail this guy if you want to know! He knows, but he's refusing to tell me, possibly because of why they supplied stuff to pirate cartridge makers, made pirate cartridges themselves and why they pirated Activision games in their 128 In 1 Console. He doesn't want to I guess becuase of COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT they made!

Archived