IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

If we put that through the Music and Sound Editor, I wonder if we could get it to sound a little less off-key?

They could either resurrect Duke Nukem Forever or this game. They chose Duke Nukem Forever.

It's not even Halloween yet. The proper way to play Kick Knight Rider 2600 Around is to try to be the very first one to bag on it New Years Day. So let's put this one to bed for a couple of months so as not to mess up the traditional start of festivities.

• 2 months later...
Another year passes, another opportunity missed. Well, there's always this year! ;)

That's right! Now that the Knight Rider franchise has cooled off some, I bet that HardWork and the Kinko's guy can get that exclusive license a lot cheaper now! And we all know HardWork is "warm to BASIC," so maybe somebody should tell him about batari Basic, which didn't exist when this project was started. I'd hate to see him toiling in exile, continuing his quixotic struggle to understand 6502 assembly, for yet another year.

• Like 1

Jeez, 12:03? It was just that easy? I thought of this around 11:55, but figured there'd be 15 guys posting at exactly 12:00. The title was pretty much handed to you. :sad:

Well, I'm a bit bummed I didn't get that 1st post. I had it queued up too, but I guarantee the missus wouldn't have taken kindly being told to "wait a second - I have to go make a post". I sacrificed for the greater good :D

Boy would HardWork and Team Savage be royalty if they showed up around here or WHAT! This has got to be the best thread of all time. I wonder how his patented steering wheel controller with the touch pad in the middle is working out for all of them. You know he knows a guy who works in a COPY SHOP (Kinkos) who's warm to Basic.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeez, 12:03? It was just that easy? I thought of this around 11:55, but figured there'd be 15 guys posting at exactly 12:00. The title was pretty much handed to you. :sad:

Well, I'm a bit bummed I didn't get that 1st post. I had it queued up too, but I guarantee the missus wouldn't have taken kindly being told to "wait a second - I have to go make a post". I sacrificed for the greater good :D

Crap!!! I missed it too and I am the Thread Bump Champ of 2007! I had hoped for comeback this year...oh well.

Heres to Team Savage and the AA community :)

Wp

I was somewhat disappointed that nobody else had bumped it earlier. But I guess that's the advantage of being all by myself on New Year's Eve: instead of hanging out with friends and partying, I have time to bump old threads and (hopefully) write something funny.

I was somewhat disappointed that nobody else had bumped it earlier. But I guess that's the advantage of being all by myself on New Year's Eve: instead of hanging out with friends and partying, I have time to bump old threads and (hopefully) write something funny.

Hey, and not trying to take the glory away from you or anything! You played the game, you won it, fair and square!

I think this year will be the year Team Savage comes through. I can almost feel it in my bones!

Hey, and not trying to take the glory away from you or anything! You played the game, you won it, fair and square!

I never thought you were (there's really no "glory" to be taken away, anyway). I was just surprised when midnight rolled by with no sign of the KR2600 thread. I thought, "I can't possibly be the only one who remembered?!" Maybe some of us are just getting a little slow in our old age. :P

I think this year will be the year Team Savage comes through. I can almost feel it in my bones!

Reading over HardWork's "design documents" again, it occurs to me that there are actually some ideas in there that could be put together into a workable game, minus the "every controller in one" steering wheel and some of the other absurd elements. I don't want it badly enough to do it myself, but it would be fun to see somebody put together a game based on the KR2600 concept. Just call it "Dirt Gherkin" and the people around here will get the reference.

As it was mentioned long ago, there's nothing so problematic, or even unique to the game concept, that makes it impossible to be programmed (pretty much all of it's scenarios have been done already as individual VCS games). Even a hybrid or custom controller is not an impossibility. What makes it all fall apart is how it is presented: getting too far into the descriptive conceptual phase without programming one line of code to test any part of the idea, anticipating sales numbers and profits which surpass pretty much every HB project that exists, and expecting that a title for a 2600 HB could be licensed from a parent company that has an active interest in their property.

Every one of those had been well beyond a best-case scenario. Even seperately, they are not much different than a child's "wouldn't it be cool if..." daydreams. Together, a complete delusion.

• Like 2

I did a quick Google search, and it appears team Savage has a website, with some Knight Rider 2600 screenshots:

http://www.teamsavage2600.com/projects/works_in_progress/kr2600.php

They actually look pretty good!

-B

Oh, you got me!!!!!

Son of a!!!!

BI***! :thumbsup: