IGNORED

stupid question about RAIDEN

panamajoe

errrr... just a fast´n´maybe stupid question about Raiden:

I remember reading somewhere that the Raiden in game music is great...

but my Jag Raiden copy doesn´t have ANY kind of music, just some pretty poor sound FX...

so, my question: Am i getting Alzheimer or is something wrong with my copy of Raiden?? :?

Thanks in advance!

errrr... just a fast´n´maybe stupid question about Raiden:

I remember reading somewhere that the Raiden in game music is great...

but my Jag Raiden copy doesn´t have ANY kind of music, just some pretty poor sound FX...  

so, my question: Am i getting Alzheimer or is something wrong with my copy of Raiden?? :?  

Thanks in advance!

General tip - pressing '0' will most often toggle music. Try it, it might work :)

(I don't know, I don't have Raiden...but hey :))

Stone

Just to clarify, I pulled out my Raiden manual, and '0' is the music toggle. The music is ok, it's nothing that'll blow you away, but its substantial I guess.

This is one of the Jags best games, and a cheap one too! Only thing negative I can say about it is that the lack of rapid fire sucks, and I don't have a pro-controller.

I played this literally all night long at Unconventional 2001 (http://www.myatari.net/issues/sep2001/uc2k1.htm) and the lack of rapid fire didn't bother me at all, but I can say when I finished, my hands were aching so badly I couldn't move my fingers or pick things up for another half a day.

If anything about Raiden sucks, it's the criminal waste of nearly half the screen with that massive score and status panel. I'm sure the Jaguar can handle a much larger and more impressive playfield.

:? damn, im going crazy...

i keep pressing "0" (and any other button on the pad) and nothing happens! just some boring FX when i hit an enemy. no sound, no tunes!

strange...

anyone ever seen (err.... heard..... errr.... NOT heard) this before?? :?

Yeah the screen size really sucks, i figured the least they couuld of done was let you pick the screen layout.But other than that I like it. Of course I have to buy the turbo grafx version to do some comparisions.

Actually, the PSX version is probably cheaper and looks just as good. Plus it includes Raiden 1 and 2. Good stuff.

Yeah the screen size really sucks, i figured the least they couuld of done was let you pick the screen layout.But other than that I like it. Of course I have to buy the turbo grafx version to do some comparisions.

Actually, the PSX version is probably cheaper and looks just as good. Plus it includes Raiden 1 and 2. Good stuff.

I believe the Playstation version will cost 2-3 times as much, Raiden Project is a much sought after shooter, and one of the launch titles for PSX. I agree that Raiden Project is much better, but Jag Raiden was released years before that one was to be fair to Jag.

Actually to be honest the ps version of raiden shouldnt be better, they should be just as good as each other because they are translations of the arcade game, you'd think the jag has enough power to make a arcade perfect game but it isnt, there are less colors and the sound quality is definitly off. thats just my 2cents

Actually to be honest the ps version of raiden shouldnt be better, they should be just as good as each other because they are translations of the arcade game, you'd think the jag has enough power to make a arcade perfect game but it isnt, there are less colors and the sound quality is definitly off. thats just my 2cents

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I remember that Raiden was originally being programmed for the Panther... and then ported to the Jaguar. Perhaps it would have been better if the game was programmed for the Jag from the ground up...

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I remember that Raiden was originally being programmed for the Panther... and then ported to the Jaguar.  Perhaps it would have been better if the game was programmed for the Jag from the ground up...

Wasn't that Trevor McFur?

Stone

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I remember that Raiden was originally being programmed for the Panther... and then ported to the Jaguar.  Perhaps it would have been better if the game was programmed for the Jag from the ground up...

Wasn't that Trevor McFur?

Stone

Both..., but again, I am going by memory from the way-back machine in my skull... ;)

If it was infact originally programed for the panther wouldnt it still be arcade perfect? I mean the panther was supposed to be a pretty powerful system as well wasnt it? I dont know anything about the panther but all i know is that Raiden could've been better (Its far from bad, but still) cause its on the jag

From what I remember, Raiden was actually ported from the Falcon, not the Panther. I know for a fact that it was originally in development for the Falcon, although I'm not sure if it was ever released. In any case, for the most part it was a quick and dirty port, mostly just to get another Jag title out in time for launch. I'm sure if more time had been taken with it, it would more likely rival any other home version in graphics. As it stands, I still think it's one of the best home versions available.

Hi,

From what I remember, Raiden was actually ported from the Falcon, not the Panther. I know for a fact that it was originally in development for the Falcon, although I'm not sure if it was ever released.

yes raiden for Falcon030 exist ( I have it ) but not officialy

all bin are from year 1993 on this version

it could be find on "underground" atari world on the past but

now I dont know...

Actually I have Raiden for the Falcon, ( well the first 4 or 5 levels). I put it on a CD that I irregularly compile for Falcon and ST owner with a couple of other Atari games that didn't see light of day.

I acquired these when I distributed Llamazap and Dino Dudes for the Falcon... and I got some cells for Steel Talons which might make a nice prize for the JagFest... ( thanks for the train of thought)

Well i have a stupid question about a pizza man pissing in my marinara sause:

If a pizza guy pisses in my marinara sauce, what do i do? :?

:roll: ahh.. Willard once again has forgotten to take his pills... :roll:

Hello!

The Screen-layout of Raiden remembers me on the ST-version of PacMania: Because the ST had no blitter chip, all scrolling had to be done in software, and to be able to get a good frame-rate when doing so the scroll-area was reduce to about 60% of the screen.

Regards

Matthias

I acquired these when I distributed Llamazap and Dino Dudes for the Falcon... and I got some cells for Steel Talons which might make a nice prize for the JagFest...  ( thanks for the train of thought)

Sound great! (if it's 'cels' you mean, as in single frames from animation)

Seems JagFest is going to have everything a Jag owner could want present, will be an excellent event!

Stone

From what I remember, Raiden was actually ported from the Falcon, not the Panther. I know for a fact that it was originally in development for the Falcon, although I'm not sure if it was ever released. In any case, for the most part it was a quick and dirty port, mostly just to get another Jag title out in time for launch. I'm sure if more time had been taken with it, it would more likely rival any other home version in graphics. As it stands, I still think it's one of the best home versions available.

So, is the Jaguar port of Raiden then actually a port of the Falcon Port? Or was it developed independently?

So, is the Jaguar port of Raiden then actually a port of the Falcon Port? Or was it developed independently?

From what I remember, Raiden was actually ported from the Falcon, not the Panther.

That's to the best of my recollection. My guess would be it probably shared much of the same code base.

Archived