IGNORED

SwordQuest: AirWorld Pre-orders

Dutchman2000

After numerous mailings let this be the final word on the subject. There were TWO Airworld prototypes created back in the

heyday of the development phaze. I don't know what happened to one of them, it probably got lost in management or something. But one definitely made it out of Atari development and into the

black market along with a disgruntled project manager (Keith Richards, I believe). I can remember the developers raving over it and how starkly different and interesting the play was, it was a dramatic departure from it's three predecessors, with an ending to shock even the most avid swordquest gamers. The intricacies of the game were never completed, however the game

was fully functional from beginning to end, and nothing like what most people would believe to be a traditional swordquest

sequel.

Among the striking differences was that instead of the multicolor sword which splashes accross the screen with the

first three games, this version used a multicolor man on a flying horse. The differences only started there, but it the

whole design was to bring the entire swordquest series full circle in a dramatic conclusion.

Heh, too bad it was never released. Good luck finding the proto's as well, rumor has it the one left at Atari was destroyed a long time ago.

R Dvorjak

The preceding was furnished by none other then Mr. Frye himself. Negotiations are now under way with the current owner of the proto in question. I can only hope and pray that an agreement could be reached. It would be really nice to incorporate what is there into our game.....

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY SHI !!! Am I reading this wrong or are you saying that there is someone with a complete and working Airwold cartridge from Atari. Why was this new news not posted on the home page of Atariage?

Dutchman, Are you guys now going to wait on the release of your Airworld untill you see if this person with the Airworld game is for real or do you have a sale date set yet?

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

HOLY SHI !!! Am I reading this wrong or are you saying that there is someone with a complete and working Airwold cartridge from Atari. Why was this new news not posted on the home page of Atariage?

IF the proto does eventually turn up then we'll post news about it, but until then it's vaporware as far as I'm concerned. I would love to see it dumped and released, as that would be another long-standing controversy finally put to bed.

..Al

I guess your right Albert, I remember about a year ago there was a person who was selling what he said was the proto for Airworld and the biding got up to $1500, then when people started asking questions about the game, the person removed the cart from the auction and was never heard from again.