IGNORED

Jaguar Connexion has ended...

vince

Hi all there !

The last WE took place the Jaguar Connexion ( official site http://www.jaguar-connexion.fr.st/ ) wich is a big (we were ~40) atarifest in france...

Nick from 16/32 was here, we also saw the ex-pdt of Silmarils ...

That was extraverymegacoooool

I was the onliest Lynx developer, there was too CTS and FrediFredo for Jaguar...

I developped a little game during the night, a clone of tempest and a awfull slideshow...

files here : http://lynx.nymphodusse.net/lynx.php?lnk_m...u=19&lnk_item=4

I also have announced that i'll (it's future, ok ?) release a completed version of tempest for lynx... (better than this one, coded in a night, a non sleeped night)

@+

Vince (owner/admin of DevLynxFr)

Hello Vince!

:sad:  

On m'a dit  que les  fra n'étaient pas les bienvenus ici, c'est vrai ?

(for other guys : i was told that french people isn't very welcomed, is that right ?)

:???:  :thumbsdown:

Who told you this and why?

This is an international forum, with visitors and contributors from all over the world (i am from Germany), so why should french people face problems here?

Ok, i think i can see one problem: It's the english language used here.

Although all the french people which came to this place and posted something here at least tried to use english, they sometimes give links (URLs) to websites with mainly french content and then people like me with almost no skills in speaking your language are lost and you get no

feedback to your news or project-updates. And so you think you are ignored....

Regards

Matthias

Hello Vince!

:sad:  

On m'a dit  que les  fra n'étaient pas les bienvenus ici, c'est vrai ?

(for other guys : i was told that french people isn't very welcomed, is that right ?)

:???:  :thumbsdown:

Who told you this and why?

This is an international forum, with visitors and contributors from all over the world (i am from Germany), so why should french people face problems here?

Ok, i think i can see one problem: It's the english language used here.

Although all the french people which came to this place and posted something here at least tried to use english, they sometimes give links (URLs) to websites with mainly french content and then people like me with almost no skills in speaking your language are lost and you get no

feedback to your news or project-updates. And so you think you are ignored....

Regards

Matthias

A french guy told me that, because he has seen that having an «US compliant» pseudo allowed him to get more than 4 times answer to his threads...

But if YOU (i know you :devil: ....) say it's ok, so it's ok ;)

These forums are for everyone - but if you can keep your threads in English then you will get much better response as I would imagine very few can read french properly.

And Tempest is one of the obvious missing links from the lynx line up - so this would be welcomed by many. Good luck with the project.

• 4 weeks later...
On m'a dit que les français n'étaient pas les bienvenus ici, c'est vrai ?  

I don't know where you heard that, but it simply isn't true. All people are welcome here as long as they are courteous to others and follow the rules. We even have a foreign language forum for those who wish to converse in their native tounge. :)

If anyone is having a problem with antoher member harassing them or telling them they're not welcome here, please contact one of the moderators. That's what we're here for.

Tempest

This is great news!!!

I was just thinking of this last night!!

If Atari was working on AvsP for the Lynx, why not port over other Jag games. Like Tempest 2000!!!!!

Good luck on your Tempest project!!!!

I'll help with any graphic needs you might have...titlescreen etc....

this offer goes out to other lynx programmers too...

This looks pretty awesome! Thanks!

If you're having trouble with someone harrassing you due to your nationality, please let me know. All people are welcome here, regardless of where they are from or what language they speak. The only thing we ask is that you have a love for Atari. :D I'll keep my eyes open for any possible harrassments, but PLEASE let me or one of the Als know if someone continues to harrass you. I surely hope that this hasn't kept any people away from here.