IGNORED

PM multiplexor

Heaven/TQA

To clarify... with Timers based on the "16 KHz clock", the base unit will be 1 scanline regardless of NTSC/PAL.

The VBlank thing... Timers triggered by VBlank would need adjusting for either system.

The VBlank NMI occurs on the same VCOUNT line, but VCount works such that PAL and NTSC will see it as the same from value 0 up to 125 (dec).

Then you have NTSC VSync straight after that and VCount wraps back to zero after reaching 130.

On PAL, VSync occurs after value 137 and VCount wraps back to zero after reaching 155.

If you're using a 16 KHz Timer for screen-based events then possibly the easiest solution is to just use a DLI to set them up instead, right at the top of the screen. Then, no adjustment would be necessary for PAL/NTSC.

Additional to that, an 8-bit counter triggered during VBlank wouldn't be able to cover the entire subsequent frame anyway, where one triggered from an early DLI will.

The idea was to keep the multiplexer interrupts completely isolated from the DLIs, only being set from the VBL.. And to leave the it up to the early interrupt alone whether or not to swap frames, leaving that decision as late as possible in the process.. Mainly for my own sanity in working on this stuff, but also because I think maybe it'd be cool to have a general purpose multiplexor that doesn't rely upon DLIs at all, that could be used by others as well with minimal bolting together of things..

London IS expensive... even with CITY going down (but bonus' again paid...so should be better soon... ;))...how does Queensryche sing in Operation Mindcrime... "the banks stay fat and the poor stay poor and the rich get rich, the cops get paid, to look away...".... ok...another story... ;) living costs in London are really high but not much higher than f.e. in Munich or Stuttgart or Hamburg when looking on the european chart of most expensive cities...

When living outside of London you have to take the damned 2 hours public transportation time while on the go... for each direction... no wonder why you are getting drunk each time you have access to alcohol... ;)

The bars and cafes being open pretty much all hours and the rather laid back approach to alcohol in general over there took a little getting used too.. About a year in fact ;) A year of constant hangovers, not helped by the rather large English contingent there that were still in the mindset of pubs shutting early.. A total recipe for disaster..

Heaven/TQA, when I first lived in your area of Germany, I was paying around 4DM (which was £1.30) for a beer (in around 1998-2000) and around 60Pf (£0.20) for a supermarket canned beer. What a life I led, my liver didn't like your country but I did. All was nice and pleasant until the Euro came along and everyone put the prices up overnight. I didn't like it that I was paying 49% taxes though...

In this area of England (Midlands) that I live in, a beer is around €2.50 which compared to London is very cheap. I don't see people's obsession with public transport. I cannot drive but decide to live close to where I work, that way I can walk to work and get my shopping local.

I'm off the beer now - need to give my liver a deserved rest. If I keep my head down on the programming, it'll keep me out of the pub!

As for Austria, I've been there twice now and I've really liked it, except for their strange accent. I understand the Schwabisch better than Austrian German.

Edited by snicklin

The bars and cafes being open pretty much all hours and the rather laid back approach to alcohol in general over there took a little getting used too.. About a year in fact ;) A year of constant hangovers, not helped by the rather large English contingent there that were still in the mindset of pubs shutting early.. A total recipe for disaster..

There were a few English in my town too (Herrenberg/DE). I remember walking out of one pub at 4am and entering another for it's opening at 6am. I was zonked.

Heaven/TQA, when I first lived in your area of Germany, I was paying around 4DM (which was £1.30) for a beer (in around 1998-2000) and around 60Pf (£0.20) for a supermarket canned beer. What a life I led, my liver didn't like your country but I did. All was nice and pleasant until the Euro came along and everyone put the prices up overnight. I didn't like it that I was paying 49% taxes though...

In this area of England (Midlands) that I live in, a beer is around €2.50 which compared to London is very cheap. I don't see people's obsession with public transport. I cannot drive but decide to live close to where I work, that way I can walk to work and get my shopping local.

I'm off the beer now - need to give my liver a deserved rest. If I keep my head down on the programming, it'll keep me out of the pub!

As for Austria, I've been there twice now and I've really liked it, except for their strange accent. I understand the Schwabisch better than Austrian German.

you can get beer in supermarket called "5,0" which is good actually and 0,5l costs 0,25 euro... ;)

http://www.bier.de/bierforum/bier-probieren-studieren/106-5-0-original-wer-entlueftet-das-geheimnis.html

you can get beer in supermarket called "5,0" which is good actually and 0,5l costs 0,25 euro... ;)

http://www.bier.de/bierforum/bier-probieren-studieren/106-5-0-original-wer-entlueftet-das-geheimnis.html

Wow! €0.25 is a bargain! I'll have to remember this drink next time I visit Germany. Has Germany got rid of that daft(!) Pfand (deposit) system yet? I could never be bothered to take my old cans back for my 50 cents (as I'd usually lost the till receipt from the supermarket).

Sorry to everyone else, we are getting a little off-subject here...

you still have that but actually it is 0,25 for these 5,0 and 0,08 for glas bottles... but 5,0 is killer...you get lager, pils, weizen... ;) (red, black, orange)... students get me into that... on the 5,0 it is written that they do not spend any extra money on advertisment all is going into the beer... ;)

as far as collegues told me it was introduced 2006 to world championship and was sold in "black, red, gold" colors... ;)

you still have that but actually it is 0,25 for these 5,0 and 0,08 for glas bottles... but 5,0 is killer...you get lager, pils, weizen... ;) (red, black, orange)... students get me into that... on the 5,0 it is written that they do not spend any extra money on advertisment all is going into the beer... ;)

as far as collegues told me it was introduced 2006 to world championship and was sold in "black, red, gold" colors... ;)

If ever you want to find a bargain, ask a student! I remember that there used to be a VfB Stuttgart beer, wasn't it Dinkelacker rebranded?

yeah. thought so... we here drink "constantly over the time" but when reading european leaders in getting drunk I thought, well... must be the "pub closing" time schedule which is in your genes for ages... ;)

As you can imagine it can take quite some time to evolve the European Gene to an acceptable standard ;)

I am working 100m away of Dinkelacker HQ in Stuttgart... ;)

Do you work near the Königstraße? I love that round hut pub just around the corner from Schlossplatz. The toilets are a disgrace though! Biddy O'Earlys is also an old favourite of mine. Nice area to work in!

yes... it's near Königstrasse... so it is likely that I was having some Guiness there... ;)

yeah. thought so... we here drink "constantly over the time" but when reading european leaders in getting drunk I thought, well... must be the "pub closing" time schedule which is in your genes for ages... ;)

As you can imagine it can take quite some time to evolve the European Gene to an acceptable standard ;)

I am happy that guys of the "isle" know european main land and not only Mallaga... ;)

I am happy that guys of the "isle" know european main land and not only Mallaga... ;)

I've been to 15 European countries and never EVER fancied a holiday in Malaga! Munich is my favourite city in Europe and my favourite country is probably either Switzerland, Denmark or Malta (I can't make my mind up).

• 1 month later...

I've been to 15 European countries and never EVER fancied a holiday in Malaga! Munich is my favourite city in Europe and my favourite country is probably either Switzerland, Denmark or Malta (I can't make my mind up).

Don't know, what this has to do with multiplexing, but if you are ever around Serbia, good beer is around 2 euros for 2.5 Liters in a shop :)

And 0.5 in a nice bar is 80 cents.

I have an English friend who moved here few 6 years ago, and he still drinks himself to death before 22h... We keep on drinking till morning like we are used to, and he is resting on the floor :)

Some habits die hard....

Don't know, what this has to do with multiplexing, but if you are ever around Serbia, good beer is around 2 euros for 2.5 Liters in a shop :)

And 0.5 in a nice bar is 80 cents.

I have an English friend who moved here few 6 years ago, and he still drinks himself to death before 22h... We keep on drinking till morning like we are used to, and he is resting on the floor :)

Some habits die hard....

I also don't know.

But here in a Supermaket you can buy 33cl. for 0,21€ (0,90/1€ on Coffee Shops).

:ponder: Yeah! I see... :ponder: You want to talk about Multiplexing... beers. We also have this: Take6Pay5 (12/10 and 24/20) but only on Supermarkets...

By the way Popmilo, don't say you're drinking beers from December untill now and are still alive :D (I was thinking you have discouver some Multiplexing... SPRITES!...)

But no problem :thumbsup: .

Bye.

José Pereira.