IGNORED

Pepper II

Mock

All kidding aside, what did happen to Pepper I? Has the creator ever answered this? Why would he name it Pepper II for no reason? It defies logic. :)

There is no Pepper I. The II refers to the Angel/Devil aspect of your character, not a sequel.

Tempest

Is the MAME version the proper speed? It always seemed far too fast somehow :?

I can’t say that I’ve ever had the opportunity to play a real machine so MAME is the only way that I’ve ever had the chance to play it. Colecovision has been the crux of my Pepper II playing experience.

The real Arcade version's that quick. There's been a Pepper 2 machine at the last two SC3 gaming meets thanks to Shertz. It's been one of the most-played machines, too.

All kidding aside, what did happen to Pepper I? Has the creator ever answered this? Why would he name it Pepper II for no reason? It defies logic. :)

There is no Pepper I. The II refers to the Angel/Devil aspect of your character, not a sequel.

Tempest

Can you go into more detail, I didn't quite understand what you meant when you said. Do you mean it's called "II" for split personalities?

I always thought it was called "II" for one of two reasons:

Reason 1) By calling it "II", the average Joe might be more willing to play it, thinking "I must have missed the original. If a sequal came out, it must have been good. Let me try this one out."

Reason 2) The original Pepper was rejected by the powers that be. So the designer, rather than calling it a different name, refered to it as what it was, a sequal, sort of.

But what do I know, those were just my theories. :)

Tempest

Can you go into more detail, I didn't quite understand what you meant when you said. Do you mean it's called "II" for split personalities?

I always thought it was called "II" for one of two reasons:

Reason 1) By calling it "II", the average Joe might be more willing to play it, thinking "I must have missed the original. If a sequal came out, it must have been good. Let me try this one out."

Reason 2) The original Pepper was rejected by the powers that be. So the designer, rather than calling it a different name, refered to it as what it was, a sequal, sort of.

But what do I know, those were just my theories. :)

One was an angel, and one was a devil. So your character had two personalities hence the II. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's all there is to it.

Tempest

Yeah,I've played Pepper2,and i think 1 also on mame.Pepper 1&2 is absolutely splendid on the ColecoVision,just plain better IMO,prefer CV version way more.

There is no Pepper I, honestly!

Tempest

Seriously,there isnt?This is the weirdest thing.I think calling it Pepper 2 confused alot of folks,including me!

Edited by Rik

anyone else like this game? I have been playing it on MAME for the past hour...addictive !

Once you clear all 4 mazes it starts over only faster and the maze blinks in and out...I have scored about 100,000+ so far...had to shut it off before I got mad...lol

Mock :D

I love this game so much, but stink at it. Very cool music and sound effects (pretty much all Exidy games had cool sounds).

~telengard