IGNORED

Fake atari game.

Hakogame 箱亀

Why try to fool people? Why not just do like some guys who make fake screenshots and cartridge labels? They tell everyone that the images are fake, but people still want to see them because it can be interesting and cool to see what games might have looked like on the Atari 2600.

Here are a few sites that have at least one fake image:

ResQsoft's cART Creations - Fictitious and reworked Atari 2600 cartridge labels.

Christopher Drum's Atari 2600 Design Project - Fictional, never released, and homebrew cartridge label art.

2600 Shadows - KISS rock band game idea, game lists, descriptions, and new and used games for trade.

Well, for a start the screenshot's graphics are rather beyond the 2600's abilities. Something like it could be done, but you'd probably need some serious bank switching to display detail even close to that -- a 32k cart would probably be required, and very few of those were made.

• 2 years later...
Never mind.  I didn't see that this thread was 2 years old.

:roll:

:mad:

:dunce:

That's what's great about a message board. It's a different beast from something like IRC or chat because conversations never die! :D I don't see a problem responding to a question 2-3 years later. It's there for all to read anyway It's almost better than Usenet in a sense :P

Yeah, well... sometimes I think about that and I just say to myself, "My God, WHY did you post *such and such*?"

I never learn. This ridiculous (and, in retrospect, somewhat embarrassing) underground rag I published 10 years ago back in college is STILL floating around in humor archives on the Internet. :roll:

That's what's great about a message board. It's a different beast from something like IRC or chat because conversations never die!

You're absolutely wrong on this one. Conversations DO die. This one died years ago... that's why people stopped posting to it. This is a new conversation, taking place in the old conversation's spot. Obviously mixing two conversations in the same place is confusing and messy which is why we have isolated topics in the first place.

You're absolutely wrong on this one. Conversations DO die. This one died years ago... that's why people stopped posting to it. This is a new conversation, taking place in the old conversation's spot. Obviously mixing two conversations in the same place is confusing and messy which is why we have isolated topics in the first place.

I disagree.. If I wrote "Tell me your best arcade high score story!" and I got a couple of responses then the thread dies, the stories will always be there as long as it remains on the site. Anyone can go back and read it and if someone should add another story 730 days later, it doesn't make the prior responses invalid just because they were done 2 years prior. :P The whole fact that dialogues and text are preserved as long as the site admin deems so, makes the entire board one huge readable archive of active info imho. Respond at your leisure.. compose your posts, yada yada yada. This aint by the seat of your pants chat. This is a board.

And the fact that it's on the web makes it that much more accessible to your average joes than our old hangout, i.e. Usenet. I can't count the amount of older threads I've remembered and responded to. Matter o' fact, once I complete my now 9 month quest to finish Metroid Prime, I plan on responding to that thread with an "update" :D

..hmm.. maybe I'll do it now :P

Hi there!

Sorry for all the mayhem caused. But then I clearly said I bumped it.

Basically when I stumbled accross this in the archive I just thought it was funny that the KISS 2600 game idea was already there 2 years ago and I thought to share that discovery.

Greetings,

Manuel