IGNORED

M Network carts...

Kuddy

How the heck do you open M Network carts?

I saw these two small holes on the top of one near the slot where it fits into the Atari, and what looked like clips holding it in place. I tried to push the clips down, figuring that the slot would loosen, but to no avail. Should I keep trying to do this, or is there a different way to get them open besides busting them?

I opened one once too. Same way as CPUWIZ did, it seemed the most logical way for me too. Just watch out that you don't permanently damage the plastic which the clips hook on too. Once bent it leaves a mark (the plactic becomes a bit lighter and more fragile) and breaks easily. I opened my cart because the board slid all the way to the back and the contacts had disappeared into the body of the case. I haven't really found a way to put it back together, I'm unsure if glue would hold well. Not that I can play the game (Tron Deadly Discs) now, it's NTSC :ponder:

• 7 years later...

I have a question for you from out of left field, but why would you want to open a M Network cartridge for?

:ponder: :ponder: :?

To clean the contacts. ;) :? :P

I had a Space Attack cartridge that was good for putting diagonal black lines on the screen.

I took the cart apart which gave me the elbow grease needed to thoroughly clean the contacts and bring it back to life.