IGNORED

Supercharger question?

Osbo

Hi, I got my supercharger a couple of days ago, and I was wondering, there's any way to record the games into a cd and then play the games with my cd player? I got one, but it uses the computer sound card.

Thanks!

OsBo

Look for a program called "makewav" (I don't have a link on hand unfortunately). It'll convert normal .bin files into wav files that you can then burn to a CD.

If you're worried about piracy though, then best not to do it...

--Zero

Hi you guys! makewav it's all right, now I have a question, I found all the arcadia games, but most of them are 8k bin files, and the arcadia only have 6k of ram, how can I load the games into the supercharger? any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

OsBo

quote:

Originally posted by osbo:

Hi you guys! makewav it's all right, now I have a question, I found all the arcadia games, but most of them are 8k bin files, and the arcadia only have 6k of ram, how can I load the games into the supercharger? any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

OsBo

I think I played a Supercharger game disk image thru WPlayBIN. I Successfully did this with the Supercharger version of Frogger, put it on a cassette tape (I used a stereo dubbing cable attached to the headphone jack on my computer and the auxilliary input jacks on a boombox, pressed the record button on the boombox, pressed play on WPlayBIN, stopped the tape, put the tape in a Walkman, and loaded it up with no problems.

Keep in mind that the only 8k games that work on the Supercharger are the 8k Supercharger games (I don't know how it does it), but regular 8k games (like the Atari 2600 version of Ms Pac-Man) won't work, and the same goes for larger games like Pitfall II, Jr Pac-Man, and Fatal Run (which is 32k).

Hi there, you're right, I did that today, and the starpath games worked like a champ, sadly the regular 8k games won't load there's no way to add more ram chips to the supercharger to get the 8k-16k-32k to work?

That would be nice

OsBo

I'm not quite sure why the Supercharger images are 8k... perhaps there's a bunch of header information in the image or something. Anyways, it's impossible to get 8k or larger games into the Supercharger because it simply doens't have enough ram for it. However, you *can* play a lot of 2k and 4k games through it without any trouble. Some games will crash randomly though, and others won't even appear, but the majority seem to work. It should also be noted that there are instructions floating around on how to get the Supercharger to work will ALL 2k and 4k rom images. I haven't tried this yet though, as I don't want to open my Supercharger just to pirate games.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by osbo:

Thanks a lot!

OsBo

Hi !

In 80's a small company called "Canal 3" was released, here in Brazil, a Supercharger clone, was called "Canal 3 Supercharger". This device is very similar with the "original" Supercharger from Starpath, but we have reported that Canal 3 sold K-7 tapes with 8K games, like Ms. Pac-Man, Zaxxon, Centipede and Vanguard.

Unfortunately I have no one for analyze the circuit but I think that Canal 3 make some modification on the hardware.

There are a couple of options for you to play bin images on your SC. You can use Bob Colberts Makewav program to convert all the 2k adn 4k games into playable wavs and burn a CD or you can get a copy of Worship the Woodgrain here: http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft/wtw.htm

If I were you however, I'd opt for Chad Schell's Cuttle Cart. It can play every Atari 2600 game, save for Pitfall II. Use his utilities to convert the Atari Bins to wavs and burn your own CDs (like I did). It also comes with a copy of Stella Gets a New Brain (contains all the SC games).

Now, if there is interest, I was thinking of creating a Cuttle Cart Underground CD set in the same spirit as Worship the Woodgrain. It would be a 6 CD compilation of everything (save for SC games and Homebrews), including protos (some not released yet :- )Any interest?

• Like 1