IGNORED

Ewok Adventure NTSC

Thomas Jentzsch

Thanks to Joseph Di Yorio (The Piper) giving permission, I can now post the ROM of his Ewok Adventure NTSC prototype here which he has found around 1998.

If you want to play this one, you have to tell the emulator to use Parker bankswitching (e.g. z26 -n3).

Also included in the attached file are two (NTSC and PAL) conversions I made which use standard Atari F6 bankswitching. So it is possible to put them on cart using standard 16K boards. :)

ewok_adventure.zip

So the NTSC version has been dumped for a while now?  Last I checked, the NTSC version that has been around for the past few years are actually PAL version hacked to work on NTSC TV.

Oh I didn't notice that at first, I thought the conversion was converted 100 percent to ntsc.

They do look different on the trees from the conversion to the actual ntsc.

This was released ages ago.  :P

So is that the actual NTSC dump or is the conversion?

They are quite different when you look at them next to eachother.

(e.g. z26 -n3)

Actually it is -g3 to set it to parker brothers bankswitch. (-n3 shows the number of lines and the FPS)

post-3803-1086655898_thumb.jpg

post-3803-1086655899_thumb.jpg

So the NTSC version has been dumped for a while now?  Last I checked, the NTSC version that has been around for the past few years are actually PAL version hacked to work on NTSC TV.

Everyone seems to be living under a rock lately. :ponder:

This was released ages ago. :P

D'oh! Right there on my hard drive. What game was I thinking of then?

Hm, I blame the dreary day at work for my lapse. Or the super sucky last week I had.

Thank you Thomas for posting although some say this was posted a while back, the downloads you provided work with mac stella 1.1 & 1.2. So again, thanks for posting because that so called this was posted and dumped a year ago didn't work a year ago for the mac users. So thanks for the update!! :D

So is that the actual NTSC dump or is the conversion?

No, this dump is real, making my old NTSC conversion superfluous now. The two bankswitching conversions are based on this new NTSC dump and the old PAL dump.

I was actually asking Bushie if that cart was made out of the actual ntsc dump or the conversion you made a while ago.

Sorry for the confusion (I could have worded it better) :)

So to clear up here, the 8k BIN is a dump from a real NTSC version of the game and not the conversion to NTSC already available, and the two 16k BIN are turning the two current Parker Brothers banking dumps into Atari F6 versions instead, correct? :P

On a related note, I'm currently putting some new games into MENU.TXT for CC2... is there any easy way to tell if 8/16/32K BIN need F4, F6 or F8 banking (and also with a superchip)?

So to clear up here, the 8k BIN is a dump from a real NTSC version of the game and not the conversion to NTSC already available, and the two 16k BIN are turning the two current Parker Brothers banking dumps into Atari F6 versions instead, correct?  :P

Exactly.

On a related note, I'm currently putting some new games into MENU.TXT for CC2... is there any easy way to tell if 8/16/32K BIN need F4, F6 or F8 banking (and also with a superchip)?

:idea: No easy way, but there are some indicators. Most games use Atari's bankswitching (8K=F8, 16K=F6, 32K=F4), some companies like Parker, Tigervision, M-Network, CBS and some Activision games use their own bankswitching.

For quite complete informations (including extra RAM) check this file.