IGNORED

Bubble Bobble

Tezz

• 1 year later...

Hey ! :D No, the project isn't dead. Unfortunately with life being super busy I've only just recently got back some free time after being totally snowed under with work and commitments for a long time and I'm planning now to get back where I left off. I'm moving house soon and have been spending some time more recently getting the XE's hardware upgraded so that I can code and test on the hardware as I had intended and also so that I can use SIO2PC and warp OS to make it much nicer to work with.

Allas Well, but at 1996 existed a demo game from NRV from Chile. A abandoned Bubble Bobble project.
I didn't hear about this, i'll check out the attachement :)

Well, it looks like very early tests... I'd be interested if anyone has the sourcecode for that however, maybe more work was completed on it then this early preview.. Most of the work I was doing was on the logic however I quickly tested some of the layouts and the bub and bob sprite overlays with a quick routine in Turbo Basic which is where those early screen shots I posted were taken from. There's a huge amount of info on the net with BB and hacks with Mame roms which were really invaluable when I was working on the game.

Regards,

Tezz

So the name of the group was NRV? Do you know who were the programmer(s) and graphic artist(s)?

Hi

Just to let you know that NRV stands for Nelson Ramirez V., a chilean atari programmer. He made some interesting demos back in the day, and Line Up, a Columns-based game, is one of his best know titles.

NRV is an active member of the Atariware community ( http://www.atariware.cl/foro ). I bet you can contact him there. Feel free to post a 'contact me' topic on the Atariware forum, in spanish or english, you choose.

Regards

Hi

Just to let you know that NRV stands for Nelson Ramirez V., a chilean atari programmer. He made some interesting demos back in the day, and Line Up, a Columns-based game, is one of his best know titles.

NRV is an active member of the Atariware community ( http://www.atariware.cl/foro ). I bet you can contact him there. Feel free to post a 'contact me' topic on the Atariware forum, in spanish or english, you choose.

Regards

That's cool that he's still active, I'd like to drop Nelson a line about bb.

Hi there

I recently recovered a lot of my old disks from my now dead 800XL, so it was easy to make you this atr

I hope you understand the code and it can help you.. you saw the demo so, basically it have the platform logic,

collisions, player movement, the bubbles shooting logic and some fast (i think) sprites routines (a lot of macros

to draw sprites in 2 or 3 bytes with an offset)

It was in gr.15 if I don't remember bad, and you can get some "slowdown" if you shoot a lot of bubbles from the

bottom of the screen..

I don't included the sprites data, i think it was some pictures with sprites and masks and a map made in Envision

for the one level..

I don't remembered all that, I just saw the code :)

(it was after more than 10 years! I was doubting it was gr.15 at some point and thinking it was characters! :)

silly me..)

NRV

(excuse my english, please)

bub.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...