IGNORED

5200 Beef Drop Label Contest - Winner Announced!

BeefDropContest.jpgAtariAge user Ken "kenfused" Siders has ported the popular arcade game Burgertime to the Atari 5200, where it will be released under the name Beef Drop. While a disk-based version of Burgertime was released for the Atari 8-bit computers, this version has been written from scratch to be more faithful to the arcade version than the older 8-bit port. Beef Drop needs an original, Atari 5200-style label, leading us to team up with Ken Siders to sponsor a Beef Drop Label Contest! The winner of the contest will receive a free copy of Beef Drop, a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store, and credit in the manual for his or her creation. Visit this page for more details about the contest, and you can view screenshots from the game and download a demo of it at the Beef Drop In Development page.

Winner Selected!

BeefDropWinner.jpgBeef Drop author Ken Siders has selected Henry Lee's label as the winning entry in the Beef Drop Label Contest! Beef Drop is an original port of the popular arcade game Burgertime to the Atari 5200, where it will be released under the name Beef Drop. Henry will receive a copy of Beef Drop when it becomes available in cartridge form and a $50 gift certificate for use in the AtariAge Store. Henry's label will adorn all copies of the Beef Drop label and manual when the game goes on sale. Congratulations to Henry Lee and thanks to everyone who submitted the wonderful labels for this contest! Choosing a winner wasn't easy!

Does anybody have a good copy of that color bar that's above the picture on 5200 cart labels? I need a copy of it that's big enough for the blank space on the 300dpi size of the Atari 5200 label template on the contest page.

Please post it or send it to me by PM. Thanks.

Does anybody have a good copy of that color bar that's above the picture on 5200 cart labels? I need a copy of it that's big enough for the blank space on the 300dpi size of the Atari 5200 label template on the contest page.  

Please post it or send it to me by PM. Thanks.

It's a spectrum, just use Photoshop's gradient tool.

http://krishaven.spymac.net/colourbar.png

Y'know, what would be beautiful for this game would be to package the cart and manual inside those anything-but-environmentally-friendly styrofoam burger boxes like McDonald's used to have, and maybe do a sticker for the top of that container to identify it. Yum!

Oh, and extra pickles too. :D

Does anyone know what font is used in this?

Not sure, but it kind of looks like "Mumbo SSK" that is listed on this page. Ken likely had to draw the title graphics by hand, pixel by pixel, so there may not be an exact font match. Hopefully he'll respond with some insight of his own. :)

Five people have submitted entries thus far...

..Al

Does anyone know what font is used in this?

Not sure, but it kind of looks like "Mumbo SSK" that is listed on this page. Ken likely had to draw the title graphics by hand, pixel by pixel, so there may not be an exact font match. Hopefully he'll respond with some insight of his own. :)

Five people have submitted entries thus far...

..Al

Close enough. Many Thanks!

Y'know, what would be beautiful for this game would be to package the cart and manual inside those anything-but-environmentally-friendly styrofoam burger boxes like McDonald's used to have, and maybe do a sticker for the top of that container to identify it.  Yum!

Oh, and extra pickles too.   :D

That would be pretty amusing, I wonder where I can get those styrofoam containers from. Also, we can include a hamburger, complete with all the toppings!

..Al

Putting aside the fact that the mere mention of the Walton empire is anathaema to some people, you might want to check Sam's - I could swear I saw pretty decent-sized stacks of generic burger boxes there a few months ago, last time I went; it's generally around the industrial-sized selections of plates, plasticward, and "thank you, have a nice day" bags.

Putting aside the fact that the mere mention of the Walton empire is anathaema to some people, you might want to check Sam's - I could swear I saw pretty decent-sized stacks of generic burger boxes there a few months ago, last time I went; it's generally around the industrial-sized selections of plates, plasticward, and "thank you, have a nice day" bags.

I generally avoid Wal-Mart for various and sundry reasons, and I do not have a Sam's card. However, I do have a Costco membership so I can look there. If not, I'm sure there are plenty of restaurant supply companies here in Austin and I doubt it'd take very long to track down suitable containers. Of course, I'm not going to do that unless Ken likes the idea. :)

..Al

Are we allowed to use pictures from google images?

As stated in the contest rules,

"Use of Copyrighted Images - If you use any copyrighted images, you must seek permission from the copyright holder before using that image as part of your label. Likewise, any labels that use artwork from a previously submitted label will be rejected."

So the answer is no, unless you obtain permission.

..Al

You can buy those burger boxes that you are talking about at Smart & Final. They are al over the west coast + NV and AZ. (www.smartandfinal.com)

That is a very neat idea. If you want I can go check the pricing and do a size check.

Let me know.

I'm running a little behind this week. :) I just posted the first batch of entries to the Beef Drop Label Contest page--they're down at the bottom. There are 11 entries so far, and I look forward to seeing what else everyone dreams up! It'll be easier for me to keep on top of new entries now that I've got the first batch posted.

Keep up the great work!

..Al