IGNORED

Thrust on a CC2

bjk7382

I am having some troubles getting Thrust to run correctly on the CC2. I have 2 different roms on there and they both behave similar. When I start it up there are holes in the playfield and/or walls that shouldn't be there (see pics) that make the game unplayable. (If you run over top of the holes they will kill you without hitting anything)

The strange thing is that I know I have the menu set up correctly because it WILL play fine (without gliches) if I load it repeatedly. (It usually loads okay on the 3rd or 4th try) and then the game will play flawlessly. :?

Any suggestions?

post-3803-1092550307_thumb.jpg

When I start it up there are holes in the playfield and/or walls that shouldn't be there (see pics) that make the game unplayable.

I hadn't noticed it before but I'm getting that too. I definitely don't get the same thing with my cart. Which version of "Thrust" are you running on your CC2, Brad? The BIN that I have is version 1.2 and my cart is 1.3.

You should try to load it a few times and see if you can get it to work good or not. (you know it loads good when there is no discolored square in the bottom left corner on the title screen)

My cartrige runs fine and it is ver 1.8 and the two roms on my CC2 are 1.2 (no music) and 1.2 (with music)

AFAIK this has nothing to do with CC2, it's a "problem" with Thrust and the 7800. Some timings in the 2600 mode seem to be very slightly of, but only on some 7800. The same bug had been reported by Lee Kruger during development of the game. I just can't fix it, because the whole kernel is based on the current timings.

You tried the cart directly on your 7800 and it didn't show the same problems? Hm, looks like there might be some delay introduced by the CC2. :ponder:

I've got v1.2 with (2004) and without (2000) music on my CC2 and I can't say I've noticed any problems. Maybe I'll boot it up and have a real good look. After my 7800 didn't like Paul's original Marble Craze release (proper cart), maybe it likes CC2...