IGNORED

Known SNES prototypes?

Shawn

• 2 months later...

Well, lemme try this from memory. Some of these may have made it out:

FX Fighter FX Chip(Shown at CES Playable)

Commanche Overkill FX Chip (Shown at CES Playable)

Steven Seagull's something or other

T-Rex (Baby Trex game?)

Super Kaboom!

Super River Raid

Panic Bomber US (Translated)

Pre-Starfox Starglider FX

Genocide

Mike

RE: Super River Raid and Kaboom

I remember being at CES and Activision announced 16bit remakes of their classic lineup, which included Pitfall (Became Pitfall the Mayan Adventure), Kaboom!, and River Raid. Being a huge fan of these games, I couldn't resist getting more details from them, and I was told that they were being shown by appointment. ??? I wasn't press at that time, so I begged and pleaded and got nothing. The games remained on my mind since then, and I would get scraps of details. I saw mentions in gaming mags, met people along the way who worked on them. I found out one year that they had indeed reached a playable stage. I think some of the original Activision programmers had a hand in them. However, every lead reached a dead end. Someone has to have these roms.

Back then, I asked the question that would be on any respectable Kaboom fan's mind: Would Kaboom use some kind of paddle controller (The only way to play it), and I got a confused look. If Kaboom would support the SNES Mouse, I was prepared to make a paddle :)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I've got both Kaboom! and River Raid here on floppy. The Kaboom isn't very good. River Raid too, was OK at best.

Both got killed because the developers couldn't push the SNES boundaires with either one. If I recall correctly, Tom told me that the River Raid developer was a real PITA to deal with as well, and that the he and they never saw eye-to-eye on design.

Sgt Saunders Combat was just a Japanese SNES game that Acti was reviewing at one point in time.

- Ken

I've got both Kaboom! and River Raid here on floppy. The Kaboom isn't very good. River Raid too, was OK at best.

Both got killed because the developers couldn't push the SNES boundaires with either one. If I recall correctly, Tom told me that the River Raid developer was a real PITA to deal with as well, and that the he and they never saw eye-to-eye on design.

Sgt Saunders Combat was just a Japanese SNES game that Acti was reviewing at one point in time.

- Ken

Hey Ken If its allright with Activision can you dump those games so all of us can Play those 2 games.

- Ken

Any plans to release those games as a bonus or something on a future title? Crummy or not, they could be pretty interesting to fool around with.