IGNORED

The 6th Day of Enduro

Esper Wizard

After playing this game for years, I reached the 6th day for the first time last night. I thought the game was going to be over if you passed the right amount of cars the 5th day, but it seems it goes on forever. Well, at least it's consistent with how other games from that era were programmed.

If I were playing the Game Boy Advance version I would've gotten the patch. That's alright. I'll get it some day.

Here I include a screenshot of the high score.

post-4369-1098154591_thumb.jpg

I played it on Stella and with a keyboard.

I found out the way to qualify is by doing the following:

Drive *fast*. That's what I didn't dare to do until now. :-)

Keep a look at the amount of cars passed and stay with this schedule:

Pass at least 100 cars before the snow comes

Pass at least 200 cars before the fog comes

Pass at least 250 cars before the fog goes away

Don't crash. This is obvious, but it becomes more important as the days go by.

Greetings

The answer to your question is like this, at 99,999 "Km or Miles" how ever you want to look at it they roll over at that point back to -0-. At 99 days the days roll over back to -0- .The tough part is trying to remember how many times you flipped the days. There is one thing that saves you from going crazy and that is your miles you can have a score like 33,000 miles and have 104 days but the score will look like 33,000 - 04 days. But when they roll over the MILES thats when the madness starts. You could have a score that looks like this 173 Miles at 82 days. My final score was 118,000 miles and 398 days after 45hrs of game play.I guess Activision never expected anyone to play that game that long.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

Also, I'd like to add for the person that started the thread: See the throphy at the bottom of the screen that you earned for clearing the 5th day. That's a cool surprise in itself.

Also, if you keep at it, you'll notice that the difficulty ramps considerably around the 8th or 9th day due to much more difficult patterns of traffic. Some are total roadblocks that you must slow down for and let dissappear off the top of the screen and retry them as they reappear. Whew!

My final score was 118,000 miles and 398 days after 45hrs of game play.I guess Activision never expected anyone to play that game that long.

I understand it all now! You get all those amazing scores because you're some kind of mutant that doesn't

need sleep and can just game all night while the rest of us are snoozing! ;)

My final score was 118,000 miles and 398 days after 45hrs of game play.I guess Activision never expected anyone to play that game that long.

I understand it all now! You get all those amazing scores because you're some kind of mutant that doesn't

need sleep and can just game all night while the rest of us are snoozing! ;)

Like the 81 hr Journey Escape marathon that he did...

81 hours?!?! Todd, I have to ask. Where do you find the time and energy to play one game for that long, dont you ever get bored, and what do you do if you need to go to the bathroom? Ive always wondered what the answers to those questions were. Some games have pauses between levels that require you to push a button to advance which I could see doing that for more than a few hours, but continious?? Youre a machine Todd. :P