IGNORED

arsenal:munich 0:2?

Heaven/TQA

There's always next year...Arsenal for the FA cup (and the league... for the super optimistic)... England... World Champions next year (after all we did it in rugby, against a vastly better team), London to win the 2012 Olympics... see you on the next red bus/black cab

Chelsea to get thrashed in the q/f's

Foreign coaches coaching english sides (as least Arsene Wenger has won things, and by foreign coaches do you consider scotland as foreign, if so, i guess you can include a certain Mr Ferguson as well)

only if it's ported from an st or amiga... when i was playing it on my older bro's c64, the screen layout was well too small as it looked as if you were playing 5 a side

A better game to convert would be a proper version of kick off or kick off 2, not the pile of crap that Anco tried to palm us of with, even the c64 version was better then the a8 (and that's saying something)

what about Kahn vs Lehmann?

isn't it hard for UKs to have a german goal keeper??? in PES4 he is sometimes nearly unbeatable but in real?

but arsenal played very weak in munich so there they lost it imho...

i think you could count on one hand how often superstar henry got the ball...

(i watched (since a long time) "normal" soccer game but i wanted to see the players "life" which i know from PES4... strange... 1st time i looked 1st on the unreal thing and then i got interest in the real thing... strange very strange... but same goes to NfS 2..."tuning")

anyway... kick off 2 would be possible --> ST port

sorry for being a ignoramous but who or what is PES4, not really into GC, XBOX or PS/PS2, i've got a decent spec'd pc as well as most of my orig. Atari 8bit setup (less d/d's)

I do remember kick off on the ST (i owned it, as well as the machine), and an A8 port would be brill

As for Lehmann vs Kahn... I say bring back David Seaman... wasn't there once a German Goalie that used to play for Man City (apparently he once played in an FA cup final carrying a neck injury with he got, playing in the said match)

Dont forget Christian Ziege (ex liverpool) and Dietmar Hamann (liverpool i think) and ofcourse Juergen 'the diver' Klinsmann (Ex spurs)

Any chance of you hacking kick off (st version) to the A8

Forget porting microprose soccer... didn' t like it anyway

I saw an 'official'[ arsenal game on my younger brothers PS2, it looks like another version of the fifa games, except from codemasters (he plays it all the time)

If you saw the official kick off conversion to the a8, it's a bit like converting ST kick off to the zx81, you'd be better of with thorn emi a8 soccer game (which in turn looks similar to intelivison soccer) and also Glenn 'the 5200 man' conversion of 5200 soccer to the a8 (again a'la intelivision soccer)these are better soccer/footie games for the A8 (dissappointing i know)

Way way back...

IIRC, Harlequin (Steve aka JetBootJack and others) did want to produce KickOff.

I was asked if I'd like to have a go (having produced the Speedball scroller - albeit a slow scroller ;) ).

As I was too busy at university I never got around to producing anything.

Though I did speak to Steve Screech a little bit about it when he was

on the Anco stand at one of those UK computer fairs at Wembley one year.

Anyway, one thing I did do was to take the men from KO2 or

Sensible Soccer (I can't recall) and produce A8 equivalents of them.

Here's a piccy and the data statements if anyone feels like

trying to animate them. 8) The colour palette is:

0 - green - pitch

1 - red - Team 1 Skin/Team 2 Shirt

2 - white - Team 1 Shirt/Team 2 Skin and Ball

3 - black - hair, shadows, shorts

I think the A8 could do with a great soccer game!

The Zeppelin one was painful to play!

Enjoy,

Mark

post-1822-1110570977_thumb.jpg

footy.zip

• Like 1

Ouch! We need to take other screenshots for this game, the colors are way too bright :ponder:

Hi

Here's another version, this time cracked by Prisma Chile....

prisma-soccer.jpg

Although the grass looks better in this one ... ;)

Regards

pink: arsenal won 1:0... i wrote the post when it was still 0:0 and they played still the same style like in munich... the 2nd half of the game was much better... and a nice thiery henry goal... a really nice one...

and the damned lehmann got his fingers to a brilliant shot from ballack... aaarg... ;)

wrath:

it looks like sensible soccer... are the sprites already converted or are these the 16bit sprites?

it looks like sensible soccer... are the sprites already converted or are these the 16bit sprites?
Already converted, the picture doubles the x-pixels to show what it would look like on the A8. It was SS, I fired up KO2 on WinSTon to confirm. Tip: Old joysticks are better then joypads - I couldn't get into the game at all! Bit like Arsenal really :D

Cheers, Mark

you need a "real" joystick for KO2... as you need to "hit back" to make nice high shots... we played KO2 for years every saturday... does not matter if the ST version or the amiga version.... there was a nice KO2 100% goal when you played from down to up... right after the middle just shoot a highshot when you are on the middle circle. if done right it goes straight behind the goali... best is it works on ST as well... 1st i was very disappointed of the ST version as the scrolling is just done via raster effects... but it played exactly like the amiga version... and if you really want to get into it...my tip is just play "klitch" not normal as we felt that even on normal the ball physics are not correct... and switch off wind...

never played sensible soccer... is it good?