IGNORED

Yet another box that never was...

CPUWIZ

very nice. how are you able to print on cardboard like that? i'm pretty good with digital imaging and with crafting things together like that but I have no idea in hell how to print right to a box like that.

good work sir!

Very nice and professional looking!

I have some involvement in marble collecting so I do have one minor super-pedantic critique. Aggies are agate marbles and immies are glass immitations of agate. It appears you've featured swirl-type marbles most prominently. :P

Well in case CPUWIZ nukes my account, it's been nice knowing all of you!

Very nice and professional looking!

I have some involvement in marble collecting so I do have one minor super-pedantic critique.  Aggies are agate marbles and immies are glass immitations of agate.  It appears you've featured swirl-type marbles most prominently. :P  

Well in case CPUWIZ nukes my account, it's been nice knowing all of you!

Thanks! This one's my work, actually. ;)

And truth is, I actually did do my homework on this, and did learn the difference between Immies & Aggies. But given that the taws and mibs (or shooters and ducks - or whatever you call them) in this game bear absolutely zero resemblance to marbles in the first place, I figured I was ok taking a little creative license for the sake of some somewhat more 'interesting' and colorful graphics ... :)

I have to admit to being pretty blown away by some of the marbles I found while I was looking. I had never seen any of the really hip art glass marbles before. Would love to find a way to incorporate them into the glass work I'm doing, but they mostly seem to be awfully pricey. Since it sounds like you know from this stuff, can you point me to any particularly good resources (read: Not so dreadfully expensive) to check out?

Thanks once again to Tempest for the research!

PS: And CPU ain't so tough really ... ya just gotta know how ta handle 'im. Um ... so to speak. ;) :D

Looks great!  :thumbsup:  

Can you make me a Cosmic Corridor & Tanks but no Tanks? lol I'm getting desperate haven't seen either of these pop up in a long time, or anytime that I can recall..

Why, suuuure I can ... make me an offer. Just send me a PM. What are they worth to ya? :D

And for those whose asked just how we do it, think I'll leave it up to CPU to explain as much of that as he chooses to ...

I'd imagine it's done in two halves -- the front half containing the front, top flap and outer side flaps, and the rear half, containing the back, bottom flap, and the inner side flaps where the glue will be applied.

As for stock -- single-sided 8.5x11 semigloss or matte business card stock would probably work fine in most inkjets or colour lasers. You'd have to score the folds with something that has a fine round point to avoid tearing or scraping the stock.

That's how I'd do it with regular household stock anyway. Otherwise you'd have to have to have it done single-piece on 11x17 stock, which would require a wide format printer.

Aww, I was just 99% joking anyway. Maybe that will save me from CPU's wrath. He's probably still hunting Kepone for that crack about California in another thread anyway. heh I do agree that the colors and lines of the swirl handmade marbles, lend themselves to Zimags's box art better than other types. I'll send you a PM about the other marble stuff so I don't derail this too far. As I have a tendency to do. :)

That's how I'd do it with regular household stock anyway.  Otherwise you'd have to have to have it done single-piece on 11x17 stock, which would require a wide format printer.

I do have the ability to print tabloid size sheets in our color laser (it's a large beast), but I haven't spent too much time exploring this option. Might be nice for small runs of boxes, but still a lot of work in cutting, folding, and gluing everything together. I can run some pretty thick stock through this printer, probably sufficient to make boxes with.

..Al

I do have the ability to print tabloid size sheets in our color laser (it's a large beast), but I haven't spent too much time exploring this option.  Might be nice for small runs of boxes, but still a lot of work in cutting, folding, and gluing everything together.  I can run some pretty thick stock through this printer, probably sufficient to make boxes with.  

..Al

I've no idea what thickness of stock I could run through my aging (but still very nice) inkjet, but it has no trouble with heavy glossy photo stock (which is probably a good 100lb) so I can't see why it wouldn't be able to handle a two-piece assembly. I ought to try it, just for the heck of it.

• 3 weeks later...
The boxes are made out of a single sheet but that is all I am gonna say.  ;)

Had a dead label-less Zimag cart and the box was lonely.  :cool:

©ShyOne™

842700[/snapback]

Damn you wide format printer people. :-)

Sweet looking cart -- you shoulda burned an EPROM of the ROM and stuck it in that cart. Then you could technically have a fully working boxed Immies...

The boxes are made out of a single sheet but that is all I am gonna say.  ;)

Had a dead label-less Zimag cart and the box was lonely.  :cool:

©ShyOne™

842700[/snapback]

Damn you wide format printer people. :-)

Sweet looking cart -- you shoulda burned an EPROM of the ROM and stuck it in that cart. Then you could technically have a fully working boxed Immies...

842760[/snapback]

That is a working Immies cart. :ponder: :P