IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

Just to followup on my old post, XBoard does work with this game.

I got my XBoard replaced and it started working after that.

Thanks for the info it’s good to hear that it works.

On the other hand that means that my XBoard is faulty :(

Did you run the game on a NTSC Device?

I wonder if there is still the flicker issue…?

Yes, NTSC.

I don't remember a flickering issue. I do remember the sound only worked when I had the XBoard's audio plug connected, so that's how I concluded that it must be using the POKEY. It's been a while since I tried it, I'll try to hook it up soon and make sure.

My apparently-bad XBoard didn't have working POKEY or RAM either, it was like it wasn't there at all. It makes me think something must have been wrong with the PLD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John,

Real live needs a lot of attention so there isn't much time left for any hobby (including Atari :().

But I really would like to finish the game because it took some work to get that far.

That brings me to your question what is to do before releasing the game.

I planned to make a second game mode with different street/river pattern (which was done partly) that can be finished so the game would end after reaching level X (X because I didn’t decide yet how much levels you have to play).

This would also mean that I had to add an end sequence or screen.

The otter isn't implemented.

Since I love Easter eggs of course I would like to have at least one in the game.

Btw. Santa Simon and the Halloween cart have a hidden "egg" which as far as I know nobody found yet.

Title music would also be nice.

Without the stuff mentioned there would only be testing and bug fixing left I guess.

Matthias

Hey! You're back!

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but the answer may be different now.

What was left to do before you would consider this releasable?

I heard you mention flicker-- was that an issue?

-John

Good to hear that you don't have a flicker problem.

Thanks again for testing.

Concerning the sound issue I guess it's my XBoard because Beef Drop also doesn't work with my board :(

Yes, NTSC.

I don't remember a flickering issue. I do remember the sound only worked when I had the XBoard's audio plug connected, so that's how I concluded that it must be using the POKEY. It's been a while since I tried it, I'll try to hook it up soon and make sure.

My apparently-bad XBoard didn't have working POKEY or RAM either, it was like it wasn't there at all. It makes me think something must have been wrong with the PLD.

Schmutzpuppe, have you considered adapting this game to for the 7800 Expansion Module? Curt and the Jedi Council have working on that for some time. It would seem that this game would be idea for the module.

The game might already be compatible with the Expansion Module. It supports the XBoard for POKEY sound, and the Expansion Module will use the same memory locations for POKEY access.

I just hooked it up again and made sure - I don't see any flickering on NTSC.

Good to hear that you don't have a flicker problem.

Thanks again for testing.

Concerning the sound issue I guess it's my XBoard because Beef Drop also doesn't work with my board :(

Yes, NTSC.

Edited by gdement

True, it should also work with the Expansion Module (great Project btw.)

Schmutzpuppe, have you considered adapting this game to for the 7800 Expansion Module? Curt and the Jedi Council have working on that for some time. It would seem that this game would be idea for the module.

The game might already be compatible with the Expansion Module. It supports the XBoard for POKEY sound, and the Expansion Module will use the same memory locations for POKEY access.

Btw. Santa Simon and the Halloween cart have a hidden "egg" which as far as I know nobody found yet.

Title music would also be nice.

Without the stuff mentioned there would only be testing and bug fixing left I guess.

Matthias

I found the Easter Egg for the Halloween cart a long time ago actually! Nice little speach synth you added in there for sure!! I'm not gonna let the cat out of the bag on how to trigger it though. I'll leave it up to each owner to find it on their own. So simple but yet so easy to never find.

I found the Easter Egg for the Halloween cart a long time ago actually! Nice little speach synth you added in there for sure!! I'm not gonna let the cat out of the bag on how to trigger it though. I'll leave it up to each owner to find it on their own. So simple but yet so easy to never find.

Is this the little scream at the beginning or something different?

Is this the little scream at the beginning or something different?

"Coded By" and thats all I'm gonna say about the Egg. I'll now return to the shadows from which I was lurking.

• 6 months later...

VERY well done!! I found a small bug, if you jump on something in the water scene and continue holding up, the frog stays motionless until dead when the log moves past.

This is a great peice of work! Something that should have been out from day dot, but... better late than never :D

• 3 months later...

Thanks for testing.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the bug.

Which version did you used?

VERY well done!! I found a small bug, if you jump on something in the water scene and continue holding up, the frog stays motionless until dead when the log moves past.

This is a great peice of work! Something that should have been out from day dot, but... better late than never :D

Thanks for testing.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the bug.

Which version did you used?

Any chance there might be an updated version released soon?

Mitch

I didn’t planned to release an updated version before the final but not sure about that.

Glad to hear it is planned to be completed anyway. :)

Been playing Frogger over at Flynn's but it would be nice to have a finished version for the 7800 when I can't run by there. ;)

Mitch

• 5 months later...