IGNORED

I just got my copy of Atari Karts Today

dalton4life

First let me say I am very happy to be adding this one to my expanding Jaguar collection. My thought I am torn on the game. The music is pretty bad and in several cases really doesn't fit with the game at and can be down right annoying. When you go off the track it can be a nightmare to get back on the track and what's worse is it's sometimes hard to even see where the track is. This could have been a true great game yet it's just an ok one that can be fun at times.

I would be more then happy to purchase this game from you at an acceptable price.

The music is very good in my opinion and gives the game a lot of depth!

Gameplay? It's great! I love it! I want it back!

I guess the age of the game is what you don't see and your expecting it to be much more updated for a 10 year old game....

Hi dalton4life,

Funny, what you said is the opposite of what I think of this game

I think the gameplay and music are great!

And the track is (as far as I know) easy to follow, though some have complained about the powerups on the road are difficult to recognize, but I never understood why..... even when playing splitscreen/2-player mode

So for me this is a great game, fun to play

hi,

Why did you create a topic? to tell everyone you dont like atari karts?

no offense. but this topic is useless.. You cannot discuss a game that is bad in youre opinion. I Like atari karts. So what do you expect now? Talk about a game that has been talked a dozens of time.? No thank you.

855085[/snapback]

I read his post differently than you, DF. To me, he was stating that he was just DISAPPOINTED in the game, not that he didn't like it. And I feel that he (or anyone) is entitled to create a topic to discuss their viewpoints or feelings on a system or game with other AA users.

Opinions may differ on whether a game is great or good, and opinions may differ on whether a post is stating that a game is bad or disappointing. In the final result, they are all just opinions; neither right nor wrong, just opinions. :)

Mendon

Mendon

hi,

no offense. but this topic is useless.. You cannot discuss a game that is bad in youre opinion. I Like atari karts. So what do you expect now? Talk about a game that has been talked a dozens of time.? No thank you.

855085[/snapback]

I read his post differently than you, DF. To me, he was stating that he was just DISAPPOINTED in the game, not that he didn't like it. And I feel that he (or anyone) is entitled to create a topic to discuss their viewpoints or feelings on a system or game with other AA users.

Opinions may differ on whether a game is great or good, and opinions may differ on whether a post is stating that a game is bad or disappointing. In the final result, they are all just opinions; neither right nor wrong, just opinions. :)

Mendon

Mendon

855103[/snapback]

Well thank you Mendon and I appreciate your post on seeing that I was disappointed yet I did like the game. Second even if I hated the game (with I don't) I have every right to post that up if I chose so. As long as someone is not violating the TOS or being offensive he or she should be able to make any on-topic post they want. I was surprised I never saw more said on the music or that people liked the music, because the in race was ok most of the time, but the post race screen music is depressing IMO and it's the same whether you win or lose.

Any game this old has been discussed many times already. So what? Atari hasn't made a console in a decade. I thought that's a reason why we are all on site like AA, to discuss things Atari and old and new games.

Edited by dalton4life

hi,

855085[/snapback]

Hey, the guy was disappointed in a jag game. Where's gunstar and the other fanboys to accuse him of not being a true gamer.

Also, why does the age of the games always come up as a defensive argument?

As if ten years ago standards were different as to what makes a good game. Mario Kart for Snes is older than Atari Karts and blows it away.

I would be more then happy to purchase this game from you at an acceptable price.

The music is very good in my opinion and gives the game a lot of depth!

Gameplay? It's great! I love it! I want it back!

I guess the age of the game is what you don't see and your expecting it to be much more updated for a 10 year old game....

855087[/snapback]

I have 3 words for you super mario kart. That games older then 10 years and its still awsome you cant blame a game sucking on it's age. :edit: damn it jesusc you beat me to the punch! :P

Edited by sega saturn x

hi,

855085[/snapback]

Hey, the guy was disappointed in a jag game. Where's gunstar and the other fanboys to accuse him of not being a true gamer.

Also, why does the age of the games always come up as a defensive argument?

As if ten years ago standards were different as to what makes a good game. Mario Kart for Snes is older than Atari Karts and blows it away.

855145[/snapback]

Look you little moronic troll, why don't you just not hang out here if you hate the Jaguar or at least think the only game on it "worth" anything is T2K. The fact is that I agree here, and think that Atari Karts is just a so-so game. I sold my copy. Sof get bent you f*CK. YOU don't have a clue AT ALL. I may be a fan of the Jaguar, but I'm also a fan of the 3DO, Saturn, Dreamcast,Xbox, PS2,PS1, and a bunch of other systems as well. Or have you never bothered to look at my list at the bottom of my posts? Go away and let those who DO know the Jag is a good system with good games hang here with out your mindless moronic dribble. How old are you like 8? It wure seems like you are anyway. go play your Nintendo gamecube and leave us TRUE gamers to our classics. I just don't get you and those like you, there are several systems that I think only have a couple good games on them, but I certainly don't go hang out at their fans sites and sit there belittling the system and it's games, I just don't care about it. So why do you bother? Are you that pitiful? Prick.

Hey... I have a Gamecube and I think it is pretty cool. Eternal Darkness, MP 1 and 2, RE0, Luigis Mansion :).

I also own the following:

NES, Genesis, Jaguar, PS1(modded), Dreamcast, XBox (modded)

I think the Gamecube statement was a little broad.

Hey... I have a Gamecube and I think it is pretty cool. Eternal Darkness, MP 1 and 2, RE0, Luigis Mansion :).

855372[/snapback]

I wasn't belittling the Gamecube, it's just that whether it's true or not, Nintendo IS synonymous with a younger audience due to the majority (at least in the past, and it does carry on with the GC on a somewhat lesser level) of games being marketed for that younger audience, and it's, unfortunately, this young Nintendo audience that tends to be the trolls, that, for some reason that is beyond me, like to hang out on forums for the systems they want to belittle, and ruin it for those of us who come here (or any other FAN site), becuase we LIKE the system and most of it's games. This moron likes one game on the system, and maybe two, IF we can take his mentions of Highlander serious at all, but he has this child-like urge to hang out here and belittle every other game for the system, and say they are all crap when we know that just isn't true. Which only makes him look like more of a moron and troll anyway. The only thing I can figure out is he's an immature little kid who does NOTHING but surf the net and when he's run out of new things to read on sites for stuff he actually likes, he has to come here and be a troll and ruin this site for those of us who care about it and the system. He obviously is lacking some parental guidance and discipline too. There are games I like on the NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube, and I owned a SNES and N64 at times, but there wasn't enough "mature" games on the system's to keep me happy, so I sold them and moved on to systems that filled my wants. But I certainly don't hang out at Nintendo sites and belittle the system and games like this idiot(jesusc) does here to the Jaguar.

Edited by Gunstar

Different strokes for different folks. I actually have had my ATARI KARTS since the week it was released. I love it, though it is pretty hard (never quite been able to beat it). I personally love the music and wished that it was released on CD at the time, like Tempest 2000 had been.

There are games I like on the NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube, and I owned a SNES and N64 at times, but there wasn't enough "mature" games on the system's to keep me happy, so I sold them and moved on to systems that filled my wants.

855565[/snapback]

Man... that may be true for SNES and N64 (though there were tons of mature games for them) but I don't think anybody could say that for the NES without knowing they are lying.

Anyway, I am a fan of all consoles except the PS2. They all have something worth having.

What a whacked out thread so far....

Anyone ever notice that the parallax isn't right in Atari Karts? When you're side-scrolling, the camera is always pointing in the same direction, so it makes sense for close objects to move faster than far away ones. However, when the camera is spinning objects in the distance should stay in a radial line with the viewpoint. I always thought Atari Karts was odd in this respect.

-Bry

855372[/snapback]

I wasn't belittling the Gamecube, it's just that whether it's true or not, Nintendo IS synonymous with a younger audience due to the majority (at least in the past, and it does carry on with the GC on a somewhat lesser level) of games being marketed for that younger audience, and it's, unfortunately, this young Nintendo audience that tends to be the trolls, that, for some reason that is beyond me, like to hang out on forums for the systems they want to belittle, and ruin it for those of us who come here (or any other FAN site), becuase we LIKE the system and most of it's games. This moron likes one game on the system, and maybe two, IF we can take his mentions of Highlander serious at all, but he has this child-like urge to hang out here and belittle every other game for the system, and say they are all crap when we know that just isn't true. Which only makes him look like more of a moron and troll anyway. The only thing I can figure out is he's an immature little kid who does NOTHING but surf the net and when he's run out of new things to read on sites for stuff he actually likes, he has to come here and be a troll and ruin this site for those of us who care about it and the system. He obviously is lacking some parental guidance and discipline too. There are games I like on the NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube, and I owned a SNES and N64 at times, but there wasn't enough "mature" games on the system's to keep me happy, so I sold them and moved on to systems that filled my wants. But I certainly don't hang out at Nintendo sites and belittle the system and games like this idiot(jesusc) does here to the Jaguar.

855565[/snapback]

Why do you think he likes nintendo? He has made no mention of this at all. And every nintendo system blows the jaguar out of the water any way. Hmmm lets see my n64 or my jaguar? Tough choice eh? And what is with this TRUE gamer shit? If you dont like every system on the planet your not a true gamer?

Some one said to me i wasn't a true gamer becuase i dont like the ps1 but i dont care. And the reason being any one who says your not a true gamer is an imbecile and a fan boy. And lets face it you are a serious fan boy. The jaguar has a LOT of bad games on it which is not good since there is only 45 games on the system. Trever mcfur and checkered flag man the fun never stops on the jag!

Face it a lot of the systems games suck dont get amd at him becuase he's not in denial about the quality of games. And if the jagaur was a non atari system no one would ever stick up for it like they do. People have said that its not the quality of the games it's because there on the jagaur meaning it's all about the logo.

And the reason he says the jag sucks is so you dont sucker people in to buying 90 dollar add on's that have no good games. Primal rage and highlander dont warrant a 90 dollar system. The reason i got one is because of all the good press you guys gave it. And i can say the system blows and will most likely just sell it. Im not going to let you sucker any one else with your jagaur propaganda. Even the systems best game tempest 2000 is on the saturn and psx. Thats all i have to say about that.

um, just to set the record straight, I was totally bullshitting about Highlander. That game blows...hard.

So yes, the Jaguar has, in my modest opinion, exactly one great game.

I too would like to see the name calling end. I'd been told this forum was more mature than that. I see that I was told wrong.

In order to dissuade those that think I'm here solely to troll (which I have never done), I will limit my expression to only extolling the good points of the jaguar library, ignoring all other faults.

Therefore, expect to see a lot of "well, the game has good music" posts.

sega saturn x:

I have 52 games and I still don't have all of the original Jaguar games. I have no recent releases or homebrews. Obviously you haven't done your homework. The Jag does have a lot of bad games on it. It also has a lot of good games. T2k is not the only good game on the system. The cd unit is definitely an addon worth having considering the encryption is now known and new games can be released in cd format which makes more new releases possible due to the fact that cd's are cheaper. I doubt anyone forced you to buy a Jaguar. You came into a Jaguar forum which obviously has a lot of Jaguar fans and you based your decision on what you saw here? That was your mistake. You should have looked into the system more before you bought one. You can look into the better titles or you can sell your Jag but it dosn't make sense to blame people here for your decision to buy one.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Most fans are subjective enough to admit when a game sucks but i guess that not the case here. And jesusc i tried those games out you let me borrow and wow not 1 of them was good AVP was a monster disapointment. And so what if i got the number of the games on the systems who cares they still suck. And some home brews really dont make a 90 dollar system worth owning. If a system has about 60 games half of them better be awsome and the jag has maybe 6 good games. The good to bad ratio is awful give it up i dont want to troll but you are clearly in denial if you think the jag library has lots of good games. I have yet to see any games worth keeping it for i have tempest on my saturn. And i could get raiden on just about every old system. This is the last im going to say on the subject. But the jag is over rated in every regard and is as good as the 32X minus the good racing and fighting games.

Edited by sega saturn x

The Jaguar does not have a fighter or racing game equal in quality to Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe. Other than that though, there is no comparison to the Jaguar and 32x, in both performance and game libraries, the Jaguar blows the 32x away in just about every aspect.

*waits for 32x fanboys to arrive.

The Jaguar does not have a fighter or racing game equal in quality to Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing Deluxe. Other than that though, there is no comparison to the Jaguar and 32x, in both performance and game libraries, the Jaguar blows the 32x away in just about every aspect.

*waits for 32x fanboys to arrive.

855916[/snapback]

But the Jaguar doesn't have a Star Trek or Star Wars game... :( Ok, ok, just messing around. I love ALL systems, but not necessarily all games. :lol:

You gotta admit though... The Jaguar and Genesis have one thing in common. Weird looking add ons, lol. A mushroom and a toilet!

My personal favorite system though, is the 3DO. No system before or after has ever had anything resembling the greatness of Star Control 2! Yeah, I know it's a port of a PC game, but much much enhanced!