IGNORED

AirCars differences?

Symmetry of TNG

Hi!

heard tht there are two different versions of AC out there... What exactly differs them?

What I am specifically interested in is if there are some differences in the network code (iirc there are, since 2 differenct carts cant run.. or?) BTW how is it possible to differ between the versions?

But what about the stability of the network? ...does multiplayer network crash often? not at all? or just sometimes?. Do you need to reset all the jags or can you just restart netplay (via software?) and it works again?...

thanx for any info!

cheers

The only thing I know of is the K-A Aircars vs. the ICD Aircars. The K-A version has the ESRB K-A logo on the label, and a number of carts were sent to magazines for review back in the day. Apparently it was not the final version of the game, since some of the graphics (your Aircar dashboard, etc.) were changed in the version published by ICD. That's assuming ICD released the true "final version" of the game, I suppose.

AFAIK there are only two K-A Aircars known to exist. I own one of them. :D I have never tried networking it with my other two Aircars carts, though...

The only thing I know of is the K-A Aircars vs. the ICD Aircars. The K-A version has the ESRB K-A logo on the label, and a number of carts were sent to magazines for review back in the day. Apparently it was not the final version of the game, since some of the graphics (your Aircar dashboard, etc.) were changed in the version published by ICD. That's assuming ICD released the true "final version" of the game, I suppose.

AFAIK there are only two K-A Aircars known to exist. I own one of them. :D I have never tried networking it with my other two Aircars carts, though...

921472[/snapback]

Hi Carl!

I have a KA Air Cars now. :) I purchased it from Walter. I believe Thunderbird and JagMod have one as well. So 4 total?

Hi Carl!

I have a KA Air Cars now.  :)  I purchased it from Walter.  I believe Thunderbird and JagMod have one as well.  So 4 total?

921524[/snapback]

That could be right. Have you ever tried networking it with the regular Aircars? I don't recall if that works or not...

921533[/snapback]

I haven't, but I heard it doesn't work.

Hello,

There is also the B&C reproduction of the ICD version. I've heard the label is lower quality on the B&C version which is the main difference.

I'm confused about the B&C version.

I read before that it was the KA version, too, and incompatible with the ICD one?

Is the B&C one then just a straight equivalent (except label) of the ICD original?

I have 2 of the ICD ones, and would like to get another (compatible) Aircars.

I believe B&C acted in good faith, because ICD hardly had a great reputation

after taking cash up-front for Catboxes they never manufactured, without any

refunds, so it seems likely that B&C (Atari fans) should be telling the truth...

Thus, if the B&C version is indeed the same as ICD, that would be my 3rd...

*Jagmod, did you by any chance checksum the two versions, or try this mix?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello,

There is also the B&C reproduction of the ICD version. I've heard the label is lower quality on the B&C version which is the main difference.

I'm confused about the B&C version.

I read before that it was the KA version, too, and incompatible with the ICD one?

Is the B&C one then just a straight equivalent (except label) of the ICD original?

I have 2 of the ICD ones, and would like to get another (compatible) Aircars.

I believe B&C acted in good faith, because ICD hardly had a great reputation

after taking cash up-front for Catboxes they never manufactured, without any

refunds, so it seems likely that B&C (Atari fans) should be telling the truth...

Thus, if the B&C version is indeed the same as ICD, that would be my 3rd...

*Jagmod, did you by any chance checksum the two versions, or try this mix?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

921556[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the B&C release is identical to the released version of Air Cars, but since I don't have a copy I can't confirm.

Hello,

B&C Aircars is the same as ICD Aircars.

The KA version is different.

I hope you're right Scott, because I'm going to order one to expand my Aircars network, 3 at first.

I was sure there was a thread before though that said the B&C replicas did not network with ICD!

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Carl!

I have a KA Air Cars now.  :)  I purchased it from Walter.  I believe Thunderbird and JagMod have one as well.  So 4 total?

921524[/snapback]

That could be right. Have you ever tried networking it with the regular Aircars? I don't recall if that works or not...

921533[/snapback]

I haven't, but I heard it doesn't work.

921535[/snapback]

It doesn't work the two games KA and ICD attempts to network but you'll get no where you have to network KA with a KA. ICD with a ICD or a B&C I would have love to play a KA network game. I don't like the ICD Aircars :(

Edited by walter_J64bit

Hello Walter,

It doesn't work the two games KA and ICD attempts to network but you'll get no where you have to network KA with a KA.  ICD with a ICD or a B&C I would have love to play a KA network game. I don't like the ICD Aircars :(
What is it about the KA Aircars you prefer?

I know there were some different "dashboard" displays on other versions, but I

do not recall reading that there were any particular gameplay differences? Can

you remind me, please, what the differences are, as I guess I'll never see KA.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello Walter,

It doesn't work the two games KA and ICD attempts to network but you'll get no where you have to network KA with a KA.  ICD with a ICD or a B&C I would have love to play a KA network game. I don't like the ICD Aircars :(
What is it about the KA Aircars you prefer?

I know there were some different "dashboard" displays on other versions, but I

do not recall reading that there were any particular gameplay differences? Can

you remind me, please, what the differences are, as I guess I'll never see KA.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

924289[/snapback]

Not everyone had a copy and I like that different display. ;) It seem to me that you could see more of the game screen maybe it's the word MIDNITE that is in top of the game screen. Is it me or everyone that has a copy live in the US? :ponder:

Wow!... been buzzy this week and almost forgot i posted this question :)

Anyhow my question was which version was more stable netqork wise... IF any! ...ie like if K-A versions were more stable in multinetwork or if the other was better... (not realy mattering if they work together or not).

ie did they change/rerelease some game with better(more stable Net code? if so which one? ...

Im just qurios about it from a network perspective.

thanx anyway for all thoughts so far.

Edited by Symmetry of TNG

Hello,

Wow!... been buzzy this week and almost forgot i posted this question :)
Nice you had some time today. :)

Anyhow my question was which version was more stable netqork wise... IF any! ...ie like if K-A versions were more stable in multinetwork or if the other was better... (not realy mattering if they work together or not).
Well the ICD released version has extremely stable network code (of course

it was said it was the same code as BattleSphere, is that right?) and I've not

had any problems with it, though I've networked it more often than BS even,

because friends liked the quick deathmatch element, easier start than BS is.

ie did they change/rerelease some game with better(more stable Net code? if so which one? ...

Im just qurios about it from a network perspective.

All I know is that they don't talk to each other, I never heard the "why"...

Cheers,

JustClaws.