IGNORED

Atari Games in General Mills Cereals

Mindfield

Looks like select General Mills cereals (several flavours of Cheerios, Quik cereal, and a few others) are doing the PC-CDROM giveaway thing again, though this time they seem to be doing Atari titles. Not a lot interesting -- mostly Infotari's "inherited" titles like Dora the Explorer and Backyard Baseball, but there's also Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, and best of all, the Atari 80 Classic Games CD. Naturally I picked up a box of Cheerios (the only cereal in the lot containing these CDs that I can stand) with the latter in it. Cool...

Could be Canada-only, though I'm certain they've done these before in the US. (For the longest time they were doing the Milton Bradley video-board games with Boggle, Monopoly, Operation, and others in their cereals) To be honest I'd be surprised if this wasn't running concurrently in the US, since General Mills has large feet straddling both sides of the border.

Their website appears to be timing out at the moment, so I can't check to see if the promo is running elsewhere. :P

Well, I tried googling up something, and even going to GM's own website, but I can't find anything official (just another post about the same thing on a local forum I also visit periodically) so perhaps this is Canada-centric. Pity... not the most interesting thing in the world but since it includes 80 Classic Games it's part of a balanced retro diet. :)

post-104-1125942327_thumb.jpg

post-104-1125942335_thumb.jpg

Sucks that they're not doing this in the US yet. I'd surely be devouring the Cheerios if that were the case, even though they've lost me to the sheer blissful goodness of Malt-O-Meal Blueberry Muffin Tops. . .

Didn't one of their previous similar promotions involve those awful Hasbro updates of classics like Pong, Frogger, Centipede, etc? Pretty sure that's where I got Pong from. I have a complete set of the board-game ones and a couple of the Disney ones.