IGNORED

Land Of The Dead Xbox

moycon

Finally found a copy of this game.

For years I've dreamed of a game based on Romero's Night Of The Living Dead, granted Resident Evil borrows heavily from the "Dead" flicks, but I wanted the real thing. When I heard Land Of The Dead was coming out I figured, well this is the next best thing to a NOTLD game. I'll have to get it.

Needless to say the release date came and went and no one in the area had it yet. They weren't sure why copies hadn't come in. (I checked like 7 or 8 different places) My anticipation was growing! Well we were at the mall this past week-end and EB had a copy so I snapped it up.

It wasn't worth the $29.99

If it had been $9.99...maybe.

The game is pretty damn mundane so far.

There are LOTS of wasted opportunities which makes it all the sadder.

After playing the original RE, I always walk past windows in these games with a bit of trepidation. No need in this game, nothings going to come cashing out. Walking around corners carefully? No need, there hasn't been any zombies waiting in the shadows around the bend....and if they are somewhere around the corner You can hear them clearly when they are around anyways. I know the living dead probably wouldn't be too smart, but that makes for pretty boring gameplay. Often times the dead just stand there waiting for you to shoot them in the head. YEAA...HAA!! Like shooting fish in a barrel. There was a couple times when a zombie would drop from the ceiling and scare the piss out of me. I think I've counted two times that happened.

The "missions" suck too. Go find a fuse, insert into fusebox to move on.

Go find a key to unlock door to move on. *yawn*

On top of it all, the game is buggy in parts and your character speed is so slow I thought maybe I was playing as a zombie. Very disappointing.

So far I give this game 1 brain out of 5

Ahhh well. Maybe Dead Rising will make up for this lame attempt.