IGNORED

Your Pick for Best DS game of 2005 and why?

figgler

48 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick for Best DS game of 2005 and why?

• Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    • Animal Crossing: Wild World
    • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    • Kirby Canvas Curse
    • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
    • Mario Kart DS
    • Meteos
    • Metroid Prime Pinball
    • Nanostray
    • Nintendogs
    • Pac Pix
    • Pac N Roll
    • Sonic Rush
    • Star Wars Episode III
    • Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    • Wario Ware Touched!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's been a really great year for DS titles. One of the common gripes I've heard in various DS threads is that there were just too many awesome games released this year to keep up with. :D Good stuff if you ask me.

So, pick your favourite (so far) and tell us why..

I'll nominate Castlevania DS

Why? - One hell of a Castlevania game in a long legacy of great games. No exaggerating here, I think this one is better than SOTN. Wicked sound, sharp visuals and good re-playability. Also, you would think not but the top screen map/stats page could be the greatest thing ever.

I'm never any good at picking out the best games, I only put them in to groups of how fun they are to play. And a lot of DS games are equally fun to play so I can't really choose. Like castlevania, advanced wars, mario kart, trauma center, kirby and maybe meteos would all get an A in my book. So I really can't pick just one game.

I'm kind of worried though. I asked for mario and luigi partners in time for x-mas. I'm not sure that was a great idea, not because I think it will be bad but rather because I don't really enjoy many rpgs. Can any one tell me if this game is good even if you don't like regualr rpgs. As a side note I am enjoying paper mario 2 if that matters.

Edited by sega saturn x

So many great games to choose from on the list but I had to go with Trauma Center: Under the Knife.

It is one of those games where I started playing and when I looked up to see what time it was 2 hours had passed. Made good use of the touch screen (as did many other games on the list). A fun and tough game.

I voted for Mario Kart because its appeal is broader than Castlevania - meaning that I have more of a chance of getting my wife interested in the DS via Mario Kart than Castlevania. If my wife gets interested enough to want a second DS, I'll always have an opponent! That's the plan, at least. :)

Ulterior motives aside, I got more enjoyment (and re-play opportunities) from Castlevania than any other DS game. Now that I've received gold in all of the Mario Kart circuits, I'm left with online play (until we get that second DS!).

So, Mario Kart gets my vote because A) I like it a lot, and B) it might get my wife interested in her own DS. Castlevania comes in a very close second because it's the most fun game I've played in years. Animal Crossing gets an honorable mention because it's also good for generating wife-interest.

I'll vote for Mario Kart for the same reason you voted for Castlevania. A great game that incorporates the best of a great series. The multiplayer puts it easily over the top for me.

Re: Wife-interest, check out Zookeeper that's a chick magnet ;)

lol people bitch because nintendo's releases are so few ,and far between then people bitch when they release too many lol we can never be happy. Yeah though theres been wayyyyyy too many good games for DS released this year i can't keep up. Just in the last 6 months i bought Pac n Roll Kirby Canvas Curse Mario Kart Sonic Rush Tak 3 Pac Man World 3 Goldeneye ,and Castlevania the only title i didnt enjoy outta them all is Goldeneye. Makes me happy that i never went to ,or jumped to PSP. I just hope DS gets more 3rd person action games besides Splinter Cell ,and Resident Evil. I'm very disappointed in the reviews Burnout Legends got. i might just get it for the sake of being a fan of the burnout series.

Mario Kart DS, because it's so many people's first hesitant step into online multiplayer, and it's done in a very non-threatening, mass-appeal way. It's also the first game I've ever played that at least tries to match me up with people of my own skill level (to wit: sucky.)

I don't actually have Animal Crossing yet, so it's possible I might have voted for that one. And someone up above mentioned Pac Man World 3.... I've never seen that for the DS yet, just the Gamecube.

its out for DS as well raindog im not sure ,but i believe the PSP verison is out now too. I haven't played the cube verison yet ,but im sure they are pretty much alike except with dumb down visuals.it doesn't quite live up to pac man world ,or even pac man world 2 but its a decent game on its own merit. wish they'd port the orginal pac man world over to DS. GBA got a crappy port of it that was nothing like the orginal it was missing all its levels ,and bosses.

Pac Man World 3 doesn't have any unlockables as far as i can see the only extras in it is a verison of the arcade pac man where you see a 3D verison on the top screen ,and a 2D verison on the bottom screen. Although once you complete one round its over ,and then theres an interview with pac mans creator ,but its all still scenes with text.

I voted for Animal Crossing: Wild World. Yes, I know, I don't have the game, but I'm an Animal Crossing fan, anyways, and figured (despite the noticable lack of NES games in the DS version) it would be just as good if not better than the original for the GC.

Castlevania would have to come in second, with Kirby third.

Steve

Pheonix Wright.

Why? OBJECTION!

986441[/snapback]

I was going to add that, sorry...

Three people so far have picked Meteos as the best game, and lucky me found it at Wal-Mart today for 18.93. That'll be six games now that I've bought for myself, wrapped and left under the tree. I pretend it's Santa..

I don't have a DS, so I can't really vote in this poll.  But knowing that so many great games have been released for the system means I will probably buy one soon.  I'll have to spend some time reading reviews of the various DS games and pick a few that I might like.

..Al

988541[/snapback]

Good for you, you will not be dissapointed.

Meteos is great, Castlevania is cool, but for games that really changed the way I think and feel about DS, you simply can't knock Mario Kart. Not only has it successfully brought Nintendo "online" at a level they've never been at before, it's redefined for me that the DS wants to make you the gamer happy by adding features. Sony has taken the exact opposite approach with the PSP - we're going to keep screwing you and taking away the cool things you enjoyed because we're Sony and we own the hardware and we say so. So Mario Kart has reaffirmed my belief in being a Nintendo fanboy; meanwhile I fight to keep my PSP at 1.5 at all costs... until someone releases emulators for DS. :D